What swivel kit?

What swivel kits have you had good success and some longevity with? I don't mind buying components separately (like genuine seals) if that allows me to get better quality bits. Its for a 1989, so Railko bush type.

Are yours pitted? If not I'd keep them and just change the seals and shims etc. If they are pitted I'd try and find an old axle with good ones.

A few years ago I fitted a couple of S**tpart teflon ones which actually fitted really well. I did sell the truck soon after so I've got no idea how long they lasted.

I repaired two pitted balls on my S3 with Devcon and it was really successful. I was very careful to sand back to ultra smooth and the new seals worked well. I used a new bush and bearings each side plus I was very careful with the preload.

I got mine from our friendly local (ish) supplier Rich.

Can't remember brand (Possibly Allmakes / Bearmach)

(Genuine seals and Ashcroft CV's /Shafts)

Mine are later type but not fallen off yet. ?

Thanks all. Its just the swivel on the passenger side. The other one has a teflon ball, but some of the coating looks to be wearing hence the thread really as i think it was Britpart.

The chrome ball (probably original) that is leaking, looks in fairly good condition, but it has a few tiny bits of corrosion in places. I have done the seal on it previously, so i was thinking to just replace with a new ball. I might stick a sachet of one shot in there for the summer hoping that that will solve the leak and lubricate for now. Then I can gather the parts over the next few months and replace it all later in the autumn. I'm so busy at the moment, i dont have time to do it properly!

Has anyone had any joy rechroming the balls? I kept the one off of the other side and there is a company called Ashford Chroming near my parents - i wondered if it was the sort of thing they might do. Then i would have two spare ones on the shelf. Otherwise, i may go the Devcon route as it seems a few have had some success in this way.

I still had a tiny leak of one shot on my 110 after putting on a new seal last year. There was a little pit at the bottom, just where the seal touched it. I pulled the seal reatiner and seal away after draining the grease as best I could.

Once it had dripped away I cleaned up and mixed a little devcon (two part - like glues) and put it in a couple of pits. It's really easy to smooth it off once it cures - I used a bit of wet and dry. It really does work and won't take you long.