Im wanting my Unimog 404 hubs machining to take Land Rover stud patter

Sorry Vulcan I couldn't see all the replies ... I haven't got any drawings or dimension but I have got pictures of what I want doing.. The pictures are copied from dirty diesel

But I really want to keep the landy stud pattern but worst case I would consider others

I don't have a machinist as yet I was hoping someone on here has done it befor and would be interested in doing it again lol

post-112058-0-35030300-1464504527_thumb.png

post-112058-0-53131100-1464504549_thumb.png

To convert them to a usable product that won't kill anyone you'll have to convert to something like a disco TD5 PCD which is slightly tighter bolt pattern than defenders/disco1s. The defender disks have the hubs bolt to them where the td5 disco discs sit over the hub. Unless you find a disk with the same PCD as the defender which also sits over the hub (let me know if you do) you will need to change the stud pattern. The way straight forward supplies did it was to turn the mog hub around and machine it so you could bolt the landrover assembly to it. Not only did it make an already wide axle wider, it had problems sealing. I have spoken to 3 people who had this conversion, all of them had problems with keeping the hub attached to the axle, one lost a wheel on the motorway and claimed the hub is only held on by 3 threads! Don't mess about for the sake of changing wheels.

Hope that helps

I don't mind changing the stud pattern as I am wanting them to be strong and safe, the td5 is definitely an option I hadn't thought about if I'm honest, I've spoken to a bloke who does a 5x130 conversion for his own MOGs that he uses in competition but he said they are hard to find rims for, I want it to be right so any options I will definitely listen to :)

I would like new if I'm honest as I'd feel better knowing it was a full unit instead of a bit welded on, but I'm told the broch (if that's how you spell it lol) is expensive what sort of price do you think a new hub would be? Where are you based? Cheers

You do not need to make a new hub, machine the hub tube to make it square, reduce the OD of the flange, machine the new PCD and a matching spacer to sweat over the tube. The spacer is crucial as it will determine the back spacing of your disk. Then you need to find longer wheel studs that will pass through the hub and spacer.