Air lines

Suggestion.... minimise the number of quick release connectors as they increase the pressure loss up to your pressure pot...

If you have a male and female connector on the bench, mate them together and blow through them and you'll get an idea of flow rate pressure loss, then multiply that loss by your number of connectors.

The Clarke or machine Mart ones are bad ... compared to the pcl xf ones

What are you using for a condenser?

I used two compressors in parallel for my sand blasting and built an enclosure out of drainage pipes with a selection of tees and elbows for a frame, and a 10" extract fan ducted external (flex duct), the skeleton frame was covered with heavy guage plastic, and I used an air fed blasting helmet inside the enclose. (bit extreme but I can set it up again in an he or so again).

Got my blast media from RM Robinson I think it is in Poulton. 40/60 garnet, reused after being vacc'd up with an old dryson that did a good job of separating the dust from the solids, dust to bin, solids back to pressure pot, cycle time about 45mins for a 50kg pot.

Hopefully something in there you can use.

Rob

I use the PCL fittings and jubilee clamps. I have crimps too but I don't think they're as easy to use or as versatile as having a box full of clamps.

If your concerned about flow rate but still want a connection you can always go up a pipe size, then you'll get bigger fittings too. It just costs more.

• 3 weeks later...

Connections and elbows are the killer for flow/pressure, either for air or water. Use the largest air lines you possibly can, maximising yhe use of fixed installed piping, say 1" steel piping, and keeping flexible hose to minimum lengths.

Mike