3.5 efi Flapper to Megasquirt conversion

bodumatau

well then I suppose I just have to wait till Nigel feels like getting back to me........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... :blink:.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... :blink: ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... :blink:

Hmmm

Right

I don't do these now, reason I couldn't rememebr but then after much faffing I did - they need a mod to the ecu build to make them connect and I didn't know this when I got them ...

so, er

Suggest you PM me the details / invoice / Paypal and I'll refund you 100% of whatever it cost :blush: I think I sold 2 before I stopped ....your no 2 LOL

Sorry

Nige :blush:

You don't have to open it, it's likely etched into the bottom at the D37 connector end. Mind you, if you take the lid off it should also be on the heat-sink near the serial connector. But with the lid off you can take a photo and post it here and we can tell if it's got a tacho output.

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone tell me my correct performance figures for the 9.35 V8 3,5L ?

I have 163hp but not sure at which rpm

not sure what ft/lbs torque at what rpm? 220? something around there? at about 2800rpm?

You don't have to open it, it's likely etched into the bottom at the D37 connector end. Mind you, if you take the lid off it should also be on the heat-sink near the serial connector. But with the lid off you can take a photo and post it here and we can tell if it's got a tacho output.

FF, under the big plug is this number, V8 1501 (maybe "V8 1S01"?)

Does that help to decipher the build?

• 1 month later...

help please, .... I did see a section of one of the posts that explained how to adjust or correct for a small timing error but I can seem to find it now.

I have checked my timing for the first time with a timing gun and found that it fires 3 "notches" on the land rover timing indicator BEFORE TDC. *edit* once warm settles at 2 notches before TDC (yes checked that the plate is correct) which is 6 degrees BTDC

1. how many degrees is this (I don't think one notch is 1 degree)? *edit* figured it out, 1 notch is 3 degrees!!

2. is this right? how do I adjust it on TS if not?

I still have 2 little problems with the start.

she starts fine, much better than before on the Flapper system, I have managed to stop the "die after start" problem.....but.....she is almost impossible to drive within the first minute as she just dies if I don't rev the carp out of it, very throttle sensitive and a little too much throttle and she dies 

any tips or ideas where I should start?

• 5 months later...

still struggling with the die after start story, now that the temperatures are lower.

following happens, she starts first time, no problem, then after about 2 seconds I can hear the PWM "close down" (makes a clear air choking noise) and it kills the engine.

then I immediately start her again and all is good, idles nicely, happy days.

so why does it choke it off the first time and a few seconds later it works fine.

just spent a few minutes resetting everything to Nigels original base MSQ file, only thing I left on my old settings is the crank correction angle for my muggled trigger wheel installation. and she still does exactly the same thing, dies off after first start, fine on second start immediately after.