Anything simple?

DiscoHere

Hi guys

My Disco 2 with air suspension has taken to lowering the whole rear of the car when started in the morning. If i drive it for a few hundred yards and start it again it remedies itself (so far) Any suggestions as to what the issue might be.

If not simple I am just going to change to springs. Where would I get a good conversion kit to do that job

Hugh

• Like 1

Problem has now gotten worse. It is not raising at all or very irregularly. I am guessing a new compressor. What do you think? Is there any easy way of testing the compressor?

If i do have to go with a new compressor....do any of you have experience of makes to avoid ?

Hugh

It's a strange issue tbh. Can you confirm the car stays up all night (assuming it was up when you parked it)? If it does that would suggest the air bags aren't leaking. My experience of a faulty height sensor would suggest one side would go up or down, not the whole rear end. Perhaps it is a lazy compressor that is taking a very long time to build pressure. Where i would start though is removing the LH rear light cluster, behind it is a small black canister that is the air intake for the compressor. Remove the top of the canister and inside is a 2 part filter, my bet is that is full of water. If it is, unfortunately it will already be in the compressor and that will likely give up soon, however, if you remove and strip the compressor now while it's still working, you can probably salvage it with a new piston ring kit available on ebay.

Hope that helps