Discovery Series 1

Boydie

ooh thats nice to know. I can't abide electric windows...I think they're a pain in the rear door...

If I get a fault with any of mine it will be back to manual sharpish

to be honest I knew they were available at some point because some one has converted my 300tdi to electric and the holes for the winders are still in the door panels.

ooh thats nice to know. I can't abide electric windows...I think they're a pain in the rear door...

Oh dear, we are now in a more modern world, I haven't bought a car with manual windows for the last 40 years, and that one I still have and its sitting in the garage.
  • Like 2

Oh dear, we are now in a more modern world, I haven't bought a car with manual windows for the last 40 years, and that one I still have and its sitting in the garage.

LOL well you see my arms have been working for forty five years and they're still going strong...and I'll bet your manual windows are too....

essential for all bog diving expeditions..off roaders take note ;)

LOL well you see my arms have been working for forty five years and they're still going strong...and I'll bet your manual windows are too....

essential for all bog diving expeditions..off roaders take note ;)

True... never ever had issues with manual winders fitted to the cars from my past.. They knew how to manufacture the kit back then maybe.

But saying that it's only my disco that I've had problems, the window regulators failed on three windows over the years perhaps because they are hardly opened due to AC running most of the time.

I'm still waiting on getting a price from the suppliers :angry2: they are beyond being slow !!!!! but yes, I've had two scares crossing deepish creeks where the motors have failed until they fully dry out, and on neither occassion was the water up to that height, simply splashing around inside the doors and getting water into the wiring loom seems to be enough to stop the window operation and the thought of not being able to open or close the window is a concern so a manual winder is the way to go.