1991 Vogue SE Electricals

Relayer

Hi All, it's me again.

A little assistance with a few electrical issues please.

1) Heated rear screen not working. The wires have been cut just inside the roof lining....why would someone do that. Seems very odd to me.

2) Reversing likes not working. Bulbs ok, so from what I have read the gearbox sensor seems like the obvious choice. However that seems very difficult to get at??

3) Under bonnet light not working, bulb seems ok. Should this come on every time the bonnet is opened and is there a switch somewhere.

Thanks again in advance.

John

Hi All, it's me again.

A little assistance with a few electrical issues please.

1) Heated rear screen not working. The wires have been cut just inside the roof lining....why would someone do that. Seems very odd to me.

2) Reversing likes not working. Bulbs ok, so from what I have read the gearbox sensor seems like the obvious choice. However that seems very difficult to get at??

3) Under bonnet light not working, bulb seems ok. Should this come on every time the bonnet is opened and is there a switch somewhere.

Thanks again in advance.

John

No 1. A previous owner probably changed the upper tailgate, and couldn't be bothered to disconnect the connector so just cut the wires. I had this for the central locking on mine.

No 2. Have you got 12 V at the connector plug to the light cluster? Water can get in and corrode the plug.You will need to remove the whole light cluster to check.

No 3. Yes there is a switch just behind the washer reservoir. The contacts do corode. Should work every time you open the bonnet.

• Like 1

No. 2: I think there's a plate on the lower side of the transmission tunnel to let you get to the inhibitor/reversing switch, but I'm not familiar enough with that year. Pull out the carpet/dirt/old food and you should find something.