Discovery 2 fog lamp issue

muddy4x4xfar

Hi all small issue. Kind of. My front and rear fog lamps are not working on my discovery 2 wiring loom for my project vehicle. the switches when they are turned off the led lights on them flash very lightly. An glow up properly when you push them in an hold them there. Iv tried changing the switches with one i know work for sure. There just no power going to the lights.

All this is when i have the head lights on as well before i get asked that one ?

When i put the my power probe on the wire that goes from the switch to the bcu it lights up red on the led but flickers green very faintly. Iv never come across this before.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks

• Like 1

Check the earth in the attached connector C0083 - 2 black wire make sure it makes good contact in the plug also measure resistance against body in the male side... is that the only thing which is not working? that's important

The earths are fine. When i turn the ignition on the tell tale lights on the front and rear fog switches are very faintly flashing. When i push the switches in the tell tale lights go out until i let go an they come back on faintly again.

The fogs are the only thing that arnt working. Everything else is fine.

• Like 1

The D2 switches are only momentary that are meant to send a signal to the BCU. The BCU then sends signals to the relays and the lights come on. I reckon this is more or less true for every switch on the dash on the D2.

You say project vehicle, if it's just a D2 then use nanocom to check the BCU can turn the fogs and other lights on, if not then the problem is in or after the BCU.

• Like 1

The led's are picking up a quiescent voltage as they do some times when mis- matched or installed to a electronic circuit incorrectly 

So either increase the LEDs resistance, fit a diode maybe or wire the LED to the fog lamps feed, or get the correct momentary switch if that what they use, also u could use a conventional LED illuminated switch and then hard wire to the fog lamp relays if you won't the exert work.

Most LED drivers now include components to stop the dim glow issue maybe your switch doesn't.