Td5 on the button

Shackleton

A question to the gods; I've had a suspicion that my D2 has been a little slower to start over the last few months. Whereas before it'd catch on the second revolution (or stroke or whatever) it's now catching on the third. Suspicion confirmed when another D2 owner was here yesterday and when he cranked his, it sprang to life almost as soon as I heard the starter. 

So where he gets "ba-bruuuum", (and I used to get that) I'm getting "ba ba bruuuum". Small complaint but I'd like to know and take steps. Could this be the fuel return valve starting to wear out?

Injector seals and washers are new, fuel filter relatively new, FPR new (and inline gauze filter serviced), fuel pump old, and to be fair the car is getting used once every two weeks.

Hi There,

My td300 was always a good starter until one day and it got really hard to get going. One check of the glow plugs proved the fault, the lot were faulty. It only takes one good glow plug to get it going. Undo the wire from any one and check it with a meter or test lamp, it should be a low resistance, anything over a few ohms and it's dead.

7 hours ago, Shackleton said:

Injector seals and washers are new, fuel filter relatively new, FPR new (and inline gauze filter serviced),

Did you by any chance replace the injector loom too then? check for oil in the red plug.... though to replace the air bleed valve,(WJN500110 in the rear wheel side port of the filter) would be a good move ... and btw, +1 for the battetry thing