ICE thoughts

Exmoor Beast

On 21/10/2016 at 10:28 AM, Anderzander said:

I've been looking at these - let me know how you get on please? 

There a few variations on eBay - some with less power - some that do phones - some with remote controls and so on. I'm seriously considering trying one after my last stereo went hay-wire.

Test run on bench went fine it plays fine. but I can't mount the speakers where I want to so will have to drill some holes in the dash and mount in Land Rover place.

On 30/10/2016 at 10:46 AM, mad_pete said:

Test run on bench went fine it plays fine. but I can't mount the speakers where I want to so will have to drill some holes in the dash and mount in Land Rover place.

Thanks Pete !

Are you planning to make the buttons accessible or just control it from the phone ?  I'm hoping the latter works well enough so I can just mount the board behind the dash - have it automatically pair and control track and volume with the phone.

• 4 months later...

I'm going to put a full stereo in I think but the module is happily running the garage sound system. Very impressed for a little card. Phone picks it up automatically once paired and away you go. It is stereo so it's driving another speaker of the same size out of shot.

IMG_3193.JPG.b19edb109055d419361c53664ae00d4f.JPG

6 hours ago, mad_pete said:

I'm going to put a full stereo in I think but the module is happily running the garage sound system. Very impressed for a little card. Phone picks it up automatically once paired and away you go. It is stereo so it's driving another speaker of the same size out of shot.

You've beaten me to it!

I have one of these embedded in the wall in my camper van.  In fact I'm listening to it right now.  I have it connected to a pair of 5" speakers also in the walls with no controls or anything exposed.  In the camper, I can use the controls on the phone rather than the module.

At £10 I expected it to be rubbish - but so far (a year in) it's fantastic with pretty decent sound quality to boot.  The claimed 50W is a complete lie - closer to 5W RMS but I'm not complaining.  I got mine from Amazon.

Si

I went for a £14 Chinese Bluetooth radio in the end. Supposed to be 4x60w output, no idea if it is.

The sound is fairly shocking to be honest and its already blown one of my front Maystar pod speakers, they have been in the 110 since just after I bought it 17years ago so I can't complain really.

At least the hands free bit seems to work.

Will :-)