Any speedisleeve experts?

HoSS

In my project vehicle i had to make up a spud shaft to link the merc gearbox to my Volvo transfer case. On that shaft i have to include the seal race, which has 2 seals on it. I could just machine the race from Stainless, or hard steel, but i'm worried about that grooving.
So i was considering using a speedisleeve to get the hardness.
I have never used one before..

In checking SKF's catalogue they seem to do a size that suits the diameter (44.95mm)

44,93 45,09 45,01 53,01 14,00 16,99 20,62 99830 or  45,01 53,01 14,00 16,99 20,62 99177

But they are too short. The width of the race needs to be about 20.5, as the 2 seals are separated by about 15mm. One sleeve is therefore too short and two would be too long. I imagine cutting one down would not end well? Possibly i could machine the excess of on a lathe once fitted, do you think?

Any ideas? Any alternative suppliers of similar in a size that would suit?

That should be fine. I pulled apart an LT95 which had an output flange someone had chromed and it was in very good shape. I was going to get some other parts chromed because it seemed like such a good idea. 

2 hours ago, Davo said:

That should be fine. I pulled apart an LT95 which had an output flange someone had chromed and it was in very good shape. I was going to get some other parts chromed because it seemed like such a good idea. 

Its not chrome plated, its chrome-steel (sometimes called bearing steel) machined and polished on the lathe.