wiring

tolley

can anyone tell what these wire might be for , got the disco a few weeks back and found some diy wiring .

seems to be coming from the green box passenger side , yellow wire has been joined to the blue /brown and just behind that yellow joined to grey

and then above black to green/white and black/white will have to check colours .

thumbnail_DSC_0254.jpg

thumbnail_DSC_0255.jpg

ANY ONE GOT A WIRING DIAGRAM , also alarm is working ,first time I use the key fob ,now every time the door with the just the key the the thing goes off , any idea how I stop it .

Edited by tolley

You need to unlock with the fob on that age of vehicle, that or the EKA code are the only way to disarm the alarm. You cannot do so just by opening it with the key, even if you locked it with the key you must use the fob to open it.

Lock with fob or key to isolate the  ultrasonic movement detector, but only unlock with the fob.

Unlocking with the key will set off the alarm.

I have the wiring diagrams in my Haynes work shop manual, so either get your self the manual or download from the www LRs mechanical and electrical manuals called RAVE, but the don't show wiring in the the security system as u would expect.

I can't see the exact connections into the grey plug but those two on the green are the link into the indicator circuit to allow the flash(es) when you arm and disarm.

If you can be more specific with the wires into the green connector I will be able to see what they are. The colours seem to change as your eye follows the wires - at least on my screen.

Edited by Peaklander
Clarity

4 hours ago, BogMonster said:

You need to unlock with the fob on that age of vehicle, that or the EKA code are the only way to disarm the alarm. You cannot do so just by opening it with the key, even if you locked it with the key you must use the fob to open it.

since ive had it I only use the key lock and unlock ,no alarm goes off ,  after using the fob today ,it now will  not lock without the alarm going off when opened . . is their any way to remove the alarm completely ,as I don't want it .?

No not just the alarm on its own.  Powering down the security system and the ECU will remove the alarm plus the immobiliser which if it isn't already bypassed you will have to install the now missing two circuits that were used to immobilise the engine, you will also lose the central locking function. 

But it that's on an unmolested system, sort out that wiring first to understand why it's has be altered.

Edited by teabag

I agree with that. Your interior lights probably don't work unless the bodge has 'fixed' that. They should go on when the alarm is unset and give you an off delay when you set it.

My Defender was similarly bodged when I bought it. You need a bit of patience but it is possible to follow the wires and see what's what.

You would need to search online for the manuals but they are there. You can get the connections to the 10AS unit ( the green one you mentioned which is the alarm 'ecu'), another shows the configuration of the two connectors so you can confirm the wire colours on the wiring diagram and there's also stuff that explains how to re-sync the fobs. You also don't necessarily need any plugin computer to get it working, at least I didn't. 

9 hours ago, tolley said:

ok , don't mine not having the alarm , immobiliser , central locking .

is it the fix bridging 2 wire and removing the green box ?

That's all it is, ignition switched supplies, one to the starter motor or maybe the relay, the other is to the fuel pump or whatever ever a Diesel has in the engine bay that the two items that the immobiliser isolates, so no that difficult to do, an hour or so  if you wish to be neat in that way you install the additional wiring.

Pull the fuses and power down the security ECU (green box) and leave it in situ, job done. And if you really mis the central locking you can aways install a aftermarket central locking ECU. :)

In the mean time pull the fuse or unplug the ECU and see what happens.

Edited by teabag

well not sure what happen last night ,because went out to this morning opened on the key no alarm drove ok ,locked it opened it all ok , light on top of dash for the alarm iks full on on flashing .:wacko:.o

first pic green plug ,top left green into black and green /white .

below that green /white spliced into black

Grey plug , yellow into blue /red.

their is another thin yellow which comes from behind side foot well cover  goes into grey/yellow 4th pic

wiring.jpg

w3.jpg

w2.jpg

Google is a wonderful thing.

Have you tried searching for Defender wiring diagram? If you do you will find this link easily that is going to show you how the AS10 interfaces with the looms and if the wire colours in those diagrams match your Disco then bingo!

There's loads of stuff here too including plenty about the alarm system

There's a manual called defender electrical library which shows the wires and their position in the connectors. Again, for the AS10 I would assume these are the same on your Disco but just google and download it and make the comparison.