Discovery 2, TD5, 2002, headlight condensation

boaterboy

There is condensation in one of the headlights on my vehicle.

The headlights are of the later design, ie headlights x 2, indicator, sidelight, side reflector, all contained in one unit behind a transparent plastic 'screen'.

My question is, has anyone dismantled a headlight assembly of this type and, in particular, to the stage where they have removed the 'screen' to which I refer, please?

I'd like to clean the inside surface of the screen and re-seal it to the main body of the assembly.

I've taken the unit off the vehicle and, as ever with these things, it is held together by a lot of plastic spring clips. I'm reluctant to start the disassembly in case I break any of the clips and find eventually that I can't remove screen, anyway.

Incidentally, I found a short-term way of getting rid of the condensation. Having removed the headlight unit, I removed the bulbs from their mounts and blew warm air (low temperature, low fan speed) from a hair dryer into one of the holes left by the removed bulbs - the warm damp air being expelled through the other until all condensation was removed.