When you realise

honitonhobbit

You still haven't fitted that snorkel...

Then you remember you didn't slide the vents to recirculate

Then you realise that if you had been practising what you preach, there was a shallower route

Thank God it's a 200 so none of the super absorbent sound proofing

Sorry they aren't in order

FB_IMG_1480877834519.jpg

FB_IMG_1480877841699.jpg

FB_IMG_1480941124234.jpg

FB_IMG_1480941138689.jpg

Edited by honitonhobbit

I've avoided fitting the snorkel because I don't do deep water in the Disco. It's a general family hack, training vehicle and tow barge. I really hate drying damp carpets.  But I wasn't concentrating. As tail gunner on the greenlane run, I had held back so I could take me five year old for a 'wild wee'. So I hadn't seen the P38 in our group take a different line. I followed the last but one vehicle in - not thinking about his 5 inch lift and 35" tyres - watching the water level on his vehicle.

Interestingly, there was no ingress into the induction side - dry as a bone - bearing in mind the air is taken form between the wings, I was quite pleased. The engine bay stayed relatively dry thanks to the bow wave and brief dip. I'm due to service the winch at Christmas anyway...