PUSSSST Air noise

Muddylandy

Hi All 

I've been away from landrovers for a few years and now have a 2005 TDV6 SE Auto which is about 25% of the price of a Defender, Auto, Elbow room = Happy days

My question is when my suspension adjusts itself I get a very loud pussst air noise from rear of vehicle, followed by pump running for a few mins. The car appears to be air tight and does not drop when left standing. It also goes up and down as it should with no faults indicated. The noise does not bother me, in fact I quite like it due to the fact it surprises cyclists etc :)

What is it and will it do any harm??

Best Mark

On 12/9/2016 at 2:01 PM, Muddylandy said:

My question is when my suspension adjusts itself I get a very loud pussst air noise from rear of vehicle, followed by pump running for a few mins.

Hi, IMO it's not some good sign if that happens without opening a door or moving load within the vehicle... also the pump should not run more than few seconds to adjust level once the vehicle was already levelled.... try to identify a pattern when or in which conditions it happens cos it's not OK

Edited by sierrafery