Fitting a Log Burner in a garage

Cornish Rattler

To be fair, even in a small town like I live in, in the wrong weather conditions you can get a lot of smoke at street level, especially early on when everyone is first lighting up their stoves (okay, some could still be open fires - but I don't know anyone round here who has an open fire). Our stove is a smokeless zone certified one, and with decent fuel it burns pretty cleanly - but, it will only do that once it's up to temperature, and if you burn rubbish you get unpleasant smoke (before last winter I got the chimney sweep in for the first time since installing it - couple of seasons of use, but nearly all decent, dry hardwood. He had a look and told me it wasn't worth sweeping. I burned a lot of rubbish wood last winter, and there was plenty to sweep this summer!). So, yes burning wood is a lot more renewable - but even with modern stoves it's not good for local air quality. Probably not a problem here most of the time, but anywhere with a high population density?

Are well i will just have to see as its all up and running now has been for the past 8-9 months.

I keep meaning to get one of those fans.

think work are doing away with the egg pallets so I mite have to look for another source but it will have to wait till the 2a is finished but I will see what happens first :(

• 3 months later...

I've since found out that Sainsbury's and Aldi are now selling dry kiln logs so once I've run out of the egg pallets I will try some of these but as I said once the 2a is finished I can either get some delivered or go and collect some but I will need to make something to store them in first :)