Fitting a Disco 200tdi into a new galv chassis ( Battery Tray )

Cornish Rattler

39 minutes ago, Snagger said:

I think you can just make flitch plates to rejoin the legs and then cut them so that it can be removed and refitted (fit the flitch plates and drill before cutting so that the alignment will be correct).

Cheer's Snagger I did think of that but not had chance to try it yet, with my last one when I converted my s11a swb to a Disco 200 I just did what everyone else said and lobbed it off just above the chassis then once the engine was in I realised I didn't need to do that but it was too late and fitted the battery under the passenger seat but I don't want to do that this time so I will do as you said :)

22 hours ago, Chicken Drumstick said:

I would just put the battery under the seat tbh. Not saying you can't make it fit in the engine bay, but it'll be really tight and I suspect just an annoyance whenever you need to do anything under there.

I had two in there on a cradle bolted to the rad panel and damper bolt (inboard end of the bolt).  There is plenty of room.