All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. That's very nice. I like a good trailer.
  3. How about replace the flatbed for a better flatbed? https://www.clhtrailers.com/catalogue/main/container-trailer/container-trailer/ Mark will happily add sides for you if you want it to be a more conventional flatbed.
  4. A mate who works on wagons swears by them, as he says they are not the cheapest, but good value and very good quality.
  5. strangely enough im contemplating doing exactly the same in putting a 20ft container on my BJT tri axle, mainly because i cant find a hiab man with a long enough boom thats not charging more than the container cost for delivery
  6. Not sure what the solution will be for you, the brazing that I noticed tended to be around where the latch mechanism is mounted and above it where the inner horizontal waist piece meets the frame.
  7. I don't know if you have watched the project binky series on YouTube but they use Kielder power tools and love them! Seem to be decent kit.
  8. Oh. My. God. I literally cannot wait for the next instalment of "Personal Injuries in the Garage with Jeff" šŸ¤£
  9. Hmm.. now that is a very important bit of info! I wonder how to get round that? Maybe some strategically placed plug welds? The galvanised frames online seem to be galvanised after manufacture so they must be fully welded. So maybe worth a review with a blow torch to see what is welded and what is brazed prior to them going away..
  10. Yeah it'll be on the list! I didn't know about the planting though but there is a boy near me that does blasting for decent cost so I will check first and pay him a visit if needs be.. thanks for the heads up!
  11. They would likely distort but unlike bigger items should be able to be fettled back into shape with some light tapping... but they'll be used to galving smaller items hopefully and I'll mention distortion to them when I arrive
  12. Is the new pan galv? if not, get it in the order! One note about galv stuff..... they often want it blasted before hand unless its somewhere that specifically mentions that they blast first themselves.
  13. Exactly my thought process... or at least how I justified it to the Mrs šŸ¤£
  14. I have a Sailsbury axle with a brand new pan waiting to go on it šŸ˜
  15. Having just welded up my rear door frames, I can confirm that there are a couple of brazed joints in there, they make for quite unpleasant welding.
  16. I've tried DIY nickel & zinc electroplating and that seems to work quite nicely, considering sourcing a 200L drum or old bathtub to do some larger pieces if I ever get around to it.
  17. True, I get that. But the door frames aren't quite in the firing line like, say, chassis rails and bulkheads...
  18. You won't get the same bond at the steel/zinc interaction point like you do with hot-dip.
  19. Having lost strength in my left arm, and having a lot of pop rivets to set this spring, my charming wife told me I could have an electric rivet gun. Had an air powered bobbie, but that met with a bad accident (spare nozzle holder actually would have cost more than the tool did). So a quick trip to a local tool shop was in order. They had a few, some at eye watering prices, finally settled on this: Already have batteries so been out playing testing it. slightly struggles with 6.3mm structural stainless (who doesn't), but other than that what a cracking bit of kit. Even came with a real spanner for changing the nozzles (not a pressed tin one).
  20. Iā€™d look at having them hot zinc sprayed and giving the insides a generous dose of high quality wax.
  21. Cold galvanizing isn't really galvanizing. It is just a zinc rich paint which if you use a good one will help but don't think you'll get anything like the protection and longevity of hot dipped galv.
  22. And the court appearance dates.
  23. I want to say there are some brazed joints in the door frames from memory... I could be talking rubbish however. @Junglie They'll show a per ton etc price, but the minimum order price/quantity will be less than that.
  24. My concern over galvanising the door frames would be distortion, but if they can allow them to warm up more gradually by having them suspended a little above the zinc surface, and do the same for a more gentle cool-down,then distortion might be minimised.
  25. Perfectly logical - if you're paying for a minimum of a tonne anyway then you'd be daft not to!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy