All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. well !!! If he had had a 5yr mog axle work out he would be stronger now wouldn't he.... Pretty sure my chihuahua's could manage a landrover axle........... Or a wee bolt..........lol Regards Stephen
  3. Today
  4. For future reference, I’m in Bromsgrove.
  5. If authentic appearance matters you can get alternators that look like dynamos eg link, dynalites. The dynamos aren't normally too bad, brushes are the usual thing, but those control boxes....
  6. It's just a quote... With the transfer box, the O-ring is only 1 place where it leaks, and when it does, it can and potentially does leak everywhere else as well. There is also the bottom cover and drain plug (both leaked in my case). Be care full when tightening up the drain plug to FT, because someone at Land rover (who I hope has now been sacked or retired) decided a fine thread in an aluminium casing is a good idea. Also, the seal inside brake drum (could well be yours by the looks of it), between the casing and the speedo drive, and best of them all, between the gearbox and the transfer box. The last one is important, it can leak as mud gets in there and makes a nice groove in the wear bush, as it does with the prop shaft flanges. Replacing this wear bush is rather involved, but possible. I bought a puller to do this job, but the bush put up a big fight. I won the fight, but it was not easy: All the best, Daan
  7. This information is useless with out pictures😂
  8. Decoder tool says: Screw, Flanged?, thread Metric coarse (std.) M8, length 25mm, finish Zinc passivated (BZP) In case anyone was wondering
  9. I do give myself some work............ Had a quick measure up this morning, it there present form the treps and rims are going to stick out 6" either side, increasing my carefully fabricated width by 12" in total. ........that will not do..... Tyres are going to have to come off and wheel centres removed and repositioned, I don't think I will get these as inboard as previous ones, however that doesn't really matter as they will be for off road use only do the cheeky/ taking the p%%s scale will not be required Regards Stephen
  10. I recently also found a difference in gaskets, some being metallic (Elring I think) and others composite (Bosal). This was for a V8 and mainly intended to replenish my stock. I made sure I used the same type everywhere and would opt for the composite Bosal ones in future. I certainly wouldn't mix and match, especially on the exhaust manifold, given the different thickness. But maybe in your application, the difference in thickness is needed to compensate for the heat shield?
  11. Also good to meet yourself and the 101 Regards Stephen
  12. @Stellaghost Good to hear you got back in one piece. Long day. Great to meet you.
  13. More likely to be a tube frame very lightweight thing...
  14. Well I've got a P38 chassis you could chop up into a buggy...
  15. People coming out to their Ford focus in the morning to find that Stephen has put it on portals through the night 😂
  16. Well, it is a quattro.... Don't think I haven't though about building a 5 cylinder turbo independent suspension buggy... FWIW it had hydro boost from factory, but too expensive to fix when it went wrong, so runs a normal servo now.
  17. Had a little job in the offing for a while now,... want to change out the exhaust manifold for one with a lower mileage turbo. And while I have created the space, check on one or two other issues around that area. To that end I ordered gaskets some time ago. Elring. The first two cylinders incorporate a heat shield, and the gaskets there are entirely metallic. The other 4 are individual gaskets and are a much thicker composite sandwich. There is a difference in thickness of 0.6mm which seems a lot to me? Anyone come across similar issues?
  18. Maybe @Bowie69 is contemplating the Audi because it has a sensible braking system
  19. Stephen down south to portal all the things?
  20. For clarity.......there was definitely a hint of Audi monster truck madness lurking around in deepest darkest Somerset......lol Regards Stephen
  21. 04 out 03 back...details.......er no bed...absolutely..... Regards Stephen
  22. Yesterday
  23. Depends how bad it is.... a good wire brushing can often bring stuff up well enough.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy