All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thx for the reply Peaklander That I understood before posting. i know the colors abreviations Although the electrical library sats the red connector is not for the volumetric sensor on td5 for the td5 it’s a flat 3 wire translucent connector i get how the pillar switches work. i just want to know what parts i’m Missing and what plugs on what etc wiring diagrams do not specify parts number unfortunately...
  3. Red90

Heater size help

If looking at comparison numbers, the stock heater is around 3 kW. One important item to deal with is the stock vent openings. They are too small for the stock heater. You need to plan to make them larger if you are planning a larger heater.
  4. Today
  5. HI I see two upper rad hoses for sale for the 4 cly 2a My car is a bit of a miss mash of different years parts Does any one know the differences between the two hoses offered for sale? Thank you
  6. Have to say though, if you like a conversion, the Rotodama does tick many boxes: http://www.rotodama.co.uk/ Daan
  7. oneandtwo

Which shock absorbers

My procomps didn’t last six months before rusting and seals failed. Craddocks wanted nothing to do with them. I replaced them with £15 each 109” one ton front dampers and 88” HD rears and have been fine for years.
  8. I don't have a TD5, mine is a 300TDi but I'm sure the wire colours are the same as mine although the connector reference numbers are not. P purple / PW purple white / PU purple blue / B black / BN black brown / SW slate white First of all, the red connector (B BN WB) is to connect an ultrasonic sensor in the roof headlining. On my vehicle (RHD) it is above the driver's head. You don't need to fit this for the alarm or lights to work. The interior lights rules are: Lamps are fed with permanent +12 volts on P and 0 volts on either B or PW. B allows local on/off switching at the lamp unit when selected ON and the 10AS controls via PW when the lamp unit is at DOOR. The 10AS alarm unit controls the lamps so that they switch on / off when doors are open / closed using the 0 volts side of the circuit via PW cables. It drives 0 volts on PW when the interior switch is in DOOR position (which selects PW rather than B). If the 10AS wants the lamps off it drives the PW wire to +12 volts and no current flows. A lamp is switched on by the 10AS driving this wire to 0 volts. The door sense (pillar switches) are supplying a 0 volts from the ground provided at their pillar screw, to the 10AS and are all connected in parallel via PU except the driver's door which as you have see, is on a separate circuit (SW) back to the 10AS. So passenger, 2nd row doors if you have them and the rear door, are all connected back on PW to the 10AS. Edit: Some clarity and also I think you need the wiring diagram for your vehicle.
  9. Sharp

Painting a new Crossmember

I haven't done mine yet but I've got the fxliner kit from buzzweld - http://www.buzzweld.co.uk/fxliner-1k-crossmember-bumper-refurbishing-kit.html. The crossmember on mine is about 3 or 4 years old, it had been left with the original paint and I gave it a coating of dinitrol while I was doing the chassis just over a year ago. Probably an element of user error and I didn't put it on thick enough but it started rusting around the edges pretty quickly and is covered in surface rust now.
  10. Yesterday
  11. Ok, so it"s a pretty long story... Bought a 110 TD5 a couple month ago, fitted with a fiberglass roof, that i'm planning to remove to put a factory one (the roof is leaking horribly and mess up all the door seals alignment etc...) so the previous owner who did that mistake also removed all the interior light and the volumetric sensor cause the roof is all in one piece, meaning that the headliner is part of the roof and can't be removed... So after inspection, there was only one door switch remaining... the front passenger door switch.... Driver side switch was missing, but found the wire (slate&white) in the engine bay and managed to route it back in the A pillar and reconnected it with its switch. Hurray ! the front doors reunited with their switches... Then i was off to take care of the rear doors switches, full of hope... no wires nothing and i don't understand how they are supposed to be connected to the loom.... It appears that i'm missing the rear side door switch, Lead-links AMR4991 Ok, but how and where the other end is connected and what's the routing of these Lead-links ? Same for the boot door switch wire ? So now that i explained the door switch story.... I'm missing the front and back interior light harnesses connecting to the main harness to make the interior lights working but i'm lost with all these different part numbers for the same part i checked on lrworkshop and there are no pictures of the wires... i have this connector with seems ok (color wise). What harness does it plug in ? rear light harness ? Then i have that one which is not ok color-wise (PN wire instead of PW in cavity 2) So which connector is the one related to the rear interior light ?, unfortunately its not specified in the manual. Both are marked as "main harness to interior lamp harness". And what are the parts number for the harnesses i have to order ? I don't have the RAVE software so i can't check with my vin code... Thanks for the help
  12. Bowie69

P38 compression test

Sounds good Stem seals go hard with age, another indicator that while it is top hat linered, it probably has done a fair few miles. I'm still jealous though
  13. Simon_CSK

td5 turbo

Thanks Mo I had a spare Intercooler so have fitted that and dried out the pipes. Drove about 100 miles today and everything seems fine so hopefully now I can go back to sorting my Range Rover.
  14. boycie

P38 compression test

Hi Bowie every thing seems fine the head bolts seemed ok the head looks flat all the valves look good ,the only thing I could find not a 100% is the valve stem seal were hard ,so Iv replaced them it’s a bit of a mystery to be honest .
  15. boycie

P38 compression test

Spent the day grinding valves and changing valve stem oil seals the head is back on I’ll strip the other one tomorrow ,I don’t mind telling you it’s a bit hairy to say the least torquing the head down I said to Jackie make sure there is a clean pair of pants on standby I’ve got to go around another 90 degrees .
  16. western

Military color codes

Lots of colour charts on https://www.e-paint.co.uk/chart_options.asp
  17. western

GKN Overdrive Strip Down

It's not sealant, just black gunge, I haven't done anymore to it so far, need some more ATF, going tohave another look at it tomorrow or monday.
  18. rfuhrich

Military color codes

Hi all, I bought last year in Norway a Land Rover 109 1975 Series 3 ex-military vehicle. Have someone from you the RAL codes for the colours used for the camouflage of this cars ? Or a link where i can find this information ? Thank you in advance Richard
  19. Snagger

300tdi’s heating

Check the coolant hoses for unevenness, swelling and excessive softness - one may have delaminated internally and blocked coolant flow. Then consider the pump - it's not unknown for the impeller to slip or separate from the drive shaft, but you'll only know by removing it.
  20. Snagger

GKN Overdrive Strip Down

What is that? It looks like it could be broken up sealant. Was it you who has to encase the sensor in epoxy due to a broken plastic casing? Any of that on the clutch packs or in the solenoid system could cause slipping.
  21. Cornish Rattler

Rattler and son 1971 S11a swb Restoration

Ordered some more bits yesterday so once they have rolled in I can start fitting them
  22. Pretty much yes...looks like he’s used the s2a windscreen and adjusted the bulkhead to take it. its got a few tarty bits on it but it would be interesting to see what it goes like with a 200tdi in it loaded up like that
  23. Green200tdi

Td5 looms into a earlier pre 1991 vehicle

So today have fitted the led lights with plugs to go in to the td5 loom, and the original 110 wiper motor works a treat on this loom off slow fast and intermittent something I never had before 👍
  24. ianmayco68

Heater size help

Yes I’ve seen there stuff, they make some nice gear . There part of the back up plan , was looking into the others as there cheap over here seen a couple on eBay for £20 , will have a look at the VW units, cheers Arjan.
  25. Arjan

Heater size help

Hmm...... T7 sells very nice stuff. I have a Canadian heater in the 110 and that thing doubles as an oven.. However, they are big... VW Polo units fit very well
  26. Look what has just pooped up on facebook now. Just what you were thinking of originally maybe?? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/402660150537259/ Jon
  27. FridgeFreezer

Buying a Range Rover classic

Yes - an honestly crusty one!
  28. lo-fi

P38 compression test

What a lovely surprise! Have a good look for wear on the rockers and shafts, they're often worn with the cam. Worth checking if you've got a lovely new cam to go in it Check the head for warpage with a straightedge too, just to be sure it's not that that caused the gasket failure.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy