All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. 04 out 03 back...details.......er no bed...absolutely..... Regards Stephen
  3. Yesterday
  4. Depends how bad it is.... a good wire brushing can often bring stuff up well enough.
  5. Now if I weren't a cheapskate I might just go for one of those... Brilliant. I've just been installing a swanky new ATOTO S8 head unit, so the option of having Rovergauge as a built-in on-board diagnostic tool just has to happen... Thanks for flagging that up!
  6. For clarity, those are 225/45/17 on the audi. They look really small.
  7. Anyone got a link to the two screws that hold the disc on the transfer box? (See pic) thanks.
  8. Easier to get a set under that, instead of in boot😁
  9. Being a nerd, I went for the Genuine FTDI adapter and a mil spec 400 Ohm resistor 😁 Another option for people looking for a pre-built cable: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315264834112 I just used a random plug and socket off a late model VW and piggybacked wires into the back of the original plug. Also, if you get a USB OTG cable and have an android phone, you can install the android version: https://apkcombo.com/rs-rv8/com.rs_rv8/ Then you can have the ECU plugged into your phone, which has about 4,000,000 times the processing power of the 14CUX 😁. RS-RV8 is a bit clunky, but handy for when you drive places that aren't in your driveway.
  10. Weeeell - this is what's on its way to me. Claims to be the genuine chip thingy: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186037739519 Fingers crossed In the meantime I've been reading this, http://www.g33.co.uk/pages/technical_fuel_injection.html and for those getting to grips with all this check out the dropbox link there. Which leads me to this: RoverGauge quick ref sheet.doc Nice
  11. I had been considering making a front hinged version of the original roof for my 109. Should be easier than on a 110 because of the flat profile all the way around the sides and front edges. Still a bit of a headache over the rear door, but I have some ideas. Unlikely to ever happen, though.
  12. They will change immediately, when they go down a hill and the brake fails due to water in the fluid ... if they still have a chance ...
  13. Willing to bet there's a lot of trucks running round on the original brake fluid out there... surprising how much better the pedal gets when you replace it with new after 20 years though!
  14. Selfmade and side opening rules.
  15. keeps the lights on in the passion wagon! I won't put the other name on here
  16. Just to update everyone. Stephen is safely in the south and on his way to collect tyres. Had a chat, half shafts handed over and had a discussion about the dirty active speed cameras around the m25. was a pleasure to meet you mate, safe journey and lift with your knees when you take the pin out of the van….@landroversforever will vouch for that 😂
  17. Ooo nice 48v! That will charge up quickly! My solar owes me around £300-350 and my lithium, battery monitor and 3kw inverter were £1000 which should cover my needs!
  18. Interestingly when i was pricing up the system, i notived that the Victron multiplus 48v was about 1/2 the price of the 12/24v version, so with a bit of waiting around for a good deal, i bought 16x 105Ah lipos for much less than the cost of a 12v system.
  19. nice build! I currently run 4x 110ah lead acid batteries with 460w of solar which is normally fully charged by 10am on an overcast and rainy September day. Will be upgrading to a 200Ah LiFePo4 battery to allow me to make good use of my 3kw inverter for induction cooking, air fryer and water heating when I've got excess solar. Your set up will have plenty in the tank!
  20. Or, the spreader plates as Stephen says, and an anchor point on the outer one for a shackle. Then some cribbing to stand off from the cross member at the chassis rails point and an I beam across the cribbing onto a come-along attached to the shackle and pull it straight. In hindsight, a BFH would be quicker....
  21. Blimey! At night, too, that's impressive. All my flying has been civvy, I was a Pongo in my military days, and served an apprenticeship into aviation. I was rear crew hoist operator and loadie in the S61s doing ship resupply, salvage and general cargo work like planting aircon towers on buildings etc for a few hundred hours before the change to oil and gas and that was some great work. Putting a genset the size of a small car on the bridge wing of a bulker to try and restore power and then pumps, shoring timbers, welding bottles, salvage guys etc over the next day or so really sharpened the focus. I once winched a guy into the sea alongside a yacht that was floundering so he could swim over and (try to) climb onboard to attempt to sail it into Cape Town after the owners abandoned her....that was scary. I've been waist deep in the Atlantic 200 miles due south of Cape Agulhas as the "dope on the rope" for a medevac before making it onboard in 7 to 10 meter seas. That water was COLD!!!
  22. Will need a decent autonomy if overlanding. 6kW/h is not that high, a lot of overlanders will recommend at least 10kW/h
  23. Well, seems a good time to throw @Daan's signature in here: Amen to that!
  24. The green bible (Series 3 workshop manual) has a comprehensive section on testing & diagnosing alternators, could be worth a read through as the technology hasn't really changed.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy