All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. FridgeFreezer

What could possibly go wrong?

Massager attachment for your jigsaw
  3. V8 Freak

Good quality exhausts for 200Tdi

James, I have a system from Griffin... (http://www.griffinperformance.co.uk/index.htm) Stainless with a custom exit from the rear box modelled on SteveG's old 90... Great fit and still looks great under the truck... James is a really nice guy and I felt happy to buy from his as he knew Rupert (Our resident mad farmer)... The site only mentions a 300 but I'm sure 200 is something that he will have a pattern for too... Mine was around £500 with straight through centre section in 2014.... I've since added another centre box from James as it droned on a bit once I went to auto.. (Sign of me getting old?) Pics when installed.... Taken last weekend....
  4. Today
  5. Jocklandjohn

Famous Four can supply a full stainless (4 pipe) system for a 110 (19j 2.5TD) now fitted with a 200tdi for £299 + VAT and delivery. Total of £381 including delivery overnight. If one of those can be made to fit there's your solution. And its made for them by Double-S.
  6. landroversforever

If you fancy a day in Oxfordshire, I know a chap who build exhausts for a living and is really reasonably priced.
  7. Arjan

Series 2a & 3 IGNITION SWITCH WIRING

TTBOMK there is a difference between the diesel and petrol versions. ACC is soo overrated but was there on some versions. I don't have them in my vehicles, so I can't be of much help. Sorry
  8. SHY 7G

thanks Mate
  9. paime

110 paint colour

Can i hijack this thread and ask about the colour of my beastie as well? It's a 2000 Td5. Bodywork prep is starting soon and i'm tempted by the hand painted option.
  10. FridgeFreezer

BAT will be the permanent live BROWN wire IGN is the switched live WHITE wire ST is the starter wire, white with a red stripe Not sure if ACC would get connected to much in a Series?
  11. FridgeFreezer

Plower electric Defender

The fact there aren't more EV's running around as taxis & delivery vehicles tells a lot about the real-life practicality of the current crop I think.
  12. FridgeFreezer

New to me toys

Ooo toys, very nice!
  13. Cynic-al

New to me toys

Nice haul what are you planning on making? I've got one of those 3 in 1 things, I've done 1mm stainless. at about 150mm long. I had to get the guilotine blade on mine re-ground and to do it I had to make a jig to hold it flat as the first time they tried it it ended up like a banana. It's flipping heavy so I made a little trolley with casters on.
  14. Paddy

Adjustable ball joint

Like you, the years limit me as to what spaces I can get into, but more importantly out of.. I thought the peen would be stronger so good to know bit of force is all that’s needed. Snaggers simple idea sounds easy, I haven’t looked yet but guess it would only need to be a couple of inches square. Adjust it from underneath and from above use the equivalent of a centre pop to make a peened indent. Thanks guys.
  15. Cynic-al

Plower electric Defender

Taxis and delivery vans are the vehicles they should be using to refine the technology. A taxi is driving around a city constantly so is the best one to target to reduce city smog, its usually low speed and lots of stopping which maximises the run time from a battery and gives the best benefit over petrol, they don't need to appeal on an aesthetic level like a personal car does so it doesn't need the development or manufacturing budget of a big car maker, it can be boxier and have a hard wearing interior, making it a better market for smaller companies and it parks in a defined area so you can put charging points etc there. OK they cost more but if there are lower running costs and government incentives (ie "green" loans) it's easier for a business to justify.
  16. FridgeFreezer

V8 rebuild Q’s

You only need to worry about tappets/pushrods etc. if you fit a really hairy cam, I have a Piper in the 109 and standard everything else. Not sure what you mean by re-lining the cam&crank, you can grind (polish) the crank journals if they're worn, or just throw new big end bearings in. Cam bearings may have to be line-bored, not sure... I'd speak to V8 Developments about that you're doing. This is my cam:
  17. FridgeFreezer

Ms1 to ms3 upgrade

With an EFI plenum etc. you'll struggle to fit the 110 V8 airbox in, I couldn't make it work on the ambulance and that was a factory V8 with the huge airbox as standard.
  18. Good that you got sorted, .... for most of us it would be a bit out of our usual stomping ground, but it would be interesting to know who and how you found them, and if they do a good job.
  19. reb78

I think my custom made stainless system was only £500. It must be 7 years old now so has mostly paid for itself vs potential replacements (although the flexi joint is leaking so does need replacement and i will need someone to do that as i dont have the kit to weld stainless steel)
  20. Or....... https://www.mudstuff.co.uk/products/mud-stuff/mud-defender-window-blinds.html .
  21. Yesterday
  22. ejparrott

I'm building my own stainless exhaust...might have a few more welds in it than a pucka stainless mandrel bent in one exhaust, but it won't be costing me a grand!
  23. miketomcat

SLRC at Walters arena

Cool see you there. Mike
  24. geoffbeaumont

RRC Heater upgrade

Haynes manual?
  25. geoffbeaumont

RRC Heater upgrade

They were only badged "Classic" in the final run-out (after the P38 was already on sale - guess they were just shifting existing stock), so as far as I'm aware all the vehicles that left the factory badged as such are soft dashes. '86/'87 is years before they were badged classic.
  26. Jon W

SLRC at Walters arena

Booked and Land Rover back in a useable state, I hope! See you Friday night!
  27. SteveG

V8 rebuild Q’s

So today I just stripped down the 4.6 v8 to rebuild. A few questions.... After reading up, I assume I get a machine shop to check the block for any issues and re-line the crankshaft and camshaft? I assume they’ll need the crankshaft and camshaft to do this. I’ll also get them to fit new core plugs and oil gallery plugs. Is there anything else? For the Camshaft, there are the high torque options, like the Kent 180 and the Viper stump puller. What are the implications on the tappets and push rods if you fit these? Also, do you need to fit pocketed pistons if you fit these camshafts? Is the recommendation to fit ARP stud kits for the crank and heads? Thanks, Steve
  28. western

Got mine from E H Douglas in Wardington near Banbury,
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy