Hydraulic hose swaging machine

alan kemp

Thats the same as my local agricultural engineer uses. All my repairs have been done using it without issue.

It is being delivered on Monday, comes with free on site training which I think is pretty impressive for the price... :D

• 3 months later...
Alan, How is the new toy?

Are they able to supply the Parker fittings?

If not there are plenty of other sources.

Hi Paul, its a fantastic bit of kit, used it quite a few times on my truck and Saley's new winches, dead easy to use, superb result every time, very well made, delivered to your door with a lesson in how to use it. The guy that brought it has never come back with prices so I am using Euro Hydrolics at the moment but they are a bit spendy.

Good to hear it's OK, always a gamble when there is no personal recommendation or chance to try one first. The price of fittings is not a big consideration with low volume usage.

My local motor factor used to do hydraulic hoses but is now under new ownership and the machine has disappeared!

Local are Pirtek and Hydraquip but both expensive and will not crimp anything you take in.

I've been looking at machines as there may be a business opportunity in the Horsham area. I fancy a machine large enough to swage exhaust pipe as well!

• 2 weeks later...

The bullet has been bitten!

Bought myself a machine that can swage hose fittings and exhaust/tube up to 3".

Hydro2010.jpg

Stocking fittings is a nightmare, there are so many! I've gone for 1/4" to 3/4" hose 1 and 2 wire with male, female straight and 90 degree BSP fittings.

Got some banjo fittings as well plus assorted BSP adaptors. I will see how demand goes for NPT, JIC and metic.

[blatant advert] If anyone is stuck for a hose let me know. [/blatant advert]