Disco box 110

tobyk

I have acquired a 110 without an engine or gearbox. It was previously a TD. I have a Disco with a rebuilt 200tdi/reconditioned box. And a scrap chassis.

I am aware of the work installing the engine, however this is all with the gearbox already there. As I have no 90/110 gearbox, I need one and hopefully someone will swap the reconditioned disco box for one!

So is anyone interested in a reconditioned Discovery box in exchange for a working 90/110 box or something? Either that or does anyone know how much work is needed in fitting the disco LT77 into the 90/110? As I'm probably needing a new gearbox, is it worth going for an R380 instead?

The disco LT77 should fit the defender. The difference is in the transfer box - a disco is a 1.2 ratio, and the defender has a 1.4 ratio transfer box, otherwise you should be fine. You will have more issues fitting the disco 200TDI to the defender than you will with the gearbox, but thats covered in various threads, and dosen't seem to be a big hurdle.

Mark

The disco LT77 should fit the defender. The difference is in the transfer box - a disco is a 1.2 ratio, and the defender has a 1.4 ratio transfer box, otherwise you should be fine. You will have more issues fitting the disco 200TDI to the defender than you will with the gearbox,

Except for the fact that the bellhousing and input shaft are too long - thus neccessitating the engine being moved forward, new mounts welded on etc, plus the gear stick is too short and the hi-lo lever is in the wrong place, other than that it'll bolt up fine :lol::ph34r:

Look for a defender g/box, much less work :)