Paddocks - Very unhappy

JST

Just a warning to all

i recently ordered a few items from Paddocks after a series of emails with one their parts reps. Having supplied a list of the parts i required they repsonded with the prices per unit.

after a few questions they confirmed that this included the VAT and that the delivery would be extra.

So i ordered the parts

they duly arrived (well most of them have) i was initially a little annoyed to see the P&P was more than they quoted but only £2 or so so nothing to worry about.

then the invoice. half the items tied in with the prices they gave but the other half (which happen to be the more expensive items) are showing ex VAT prices as the full inc VAT i was quoted. so therefore i pay VAT on top of the expected price i had been quoted.

Paddocks admit the mistake on the phone and say sorry for the mismatch on prices we all make mistakes and the amount you have paid is it. only about £25 extra but thats not the point thats 10% increase on the order.

surely if they quote they have to stick by that quote and not just change it later with sorry i got the prices wrong and how about free delivery on your next order......

knew ishould have stayed with country rovers!

Just a warning to all

i recently ordered a few items from Paddocks after a series of emails with one their parts reps. Having supplied a list of the parts i required they repsonded with the prices per unit.

after a few questions they confirmed that this included the VAT and that the delivery would be extra.

So i ordered the parts

they duly arrived (well most of them have) i was initially a little annoyed to see the P&P was more than they quoted but only £2 or so so nothing to worry about.

then the invoice. half the items tied in with the prices they gave but the other half (which happen to be the more expensive items) are showing ex VAT prices as the full inc VAT i was quoted. so therefore i pay VAT on top of the expected price i had been quoted.

Paddocks admit the mistake on the phone and say sorry for the mismatch on prices we all make mistakes and the amount you have paid is it. only about £25 extra but thats not the point thats 10% increase on the order.

surely if they quote they have to stick by that quote and not just change it later with sorry i got the prices wrong and how about free delivery on your next order......

knew ishould have stayed with country rovers!

James,

I tend to use Brookwells down in Bovey for all mail order stuff - very good prices (most are the same if not cheaper than Paddocks) and Geoff the MD is a genuinely nice chap!

Thoroughly recommend them (and no, I'm not connected in any way apart from being a satisfied customer)

Matt

did you get the prices in writing?

if you paid by c/card then complain to the card company, I did this once where a hire car quote (not even given in writing - just over the phone) didn't match what was charged, again it was an ex VAT / inc VAT situation. I think the card company probably paid the difference as a disputed item because it was only £100 or so, probably not worth the bother to them to argue with Eurcrapcar.

keep pushing them james. I have had several dealings with Paddocks and almost every occasion results in them forgetting something, sending the wrong bits or supplying faulty goods. HOWEVER, to date every problem has been courteously dealt with by their sales dept. and sorted to my satisfaction on each occasion. A pain on occaision but so long as they sort it then I am prepared to carry on using them.

Hope they sort it for you soon

M

When I set up my business I asked Trading Standards about prices & VAT and they told me that retail prices must include VAT. Trade prices can exclude VAT but this must be made clear in price lists &c. If you expect to sell to trade & retail then you can display dual prices, like the Machine Mart catalogue for example.

I should imagine this applies to telephone quotes.

When I set up my business I asked Trading Standards about prices & VAT and they told me that retail prices must include VAT. Trade prices can exclude VAT but this must be made clear in price lists &c. If you expect to sell to trade & retail then you can display dual prices, like the Machine Mart catalogue for example.

I should imagine this applies to telephone quotes.

Do you or anybody know who the best Land Rover Trade supplier's are? I have used Rimmer Brothers in the past and found their trade prices exceed most companies retail prices, hence a no brainer on not using them.

Guest dew110CSW

I've delt with Paddocks on many occasions and they've always been really helpful, even when we weren't 100% sure what we actually needed!

Better than some anyway who tried to convince my dad the 19J Diesel was never fitted in 110s!

I've delt with Paddocks on many occasions and they've always been really helpful, even when we weren't 100% sure what we actually needed!

Better than some anyway who tried to convince my dad the 19J Diesel was never fitted in 110s!

I have used them in the past and the service was dreadful

I didn't then use them for ages.

Then I was told that "Changes had been made and all was now wonderfull"

So I used them again

Shambles totally useless,

monkeys not hvaing any idea what parts are what, wrong deliveries, poor packaging, poor quality goods, some damaged some missing, and generally a complete farce

Never ever use them again, why bother some of the parts quality is appalling the service worse, there are so many others who will do a better job, and thats all I ask.

Please ..............deliver what I ask for, for the price you quote, quickly, properly packaged

Paddocks - prob have trouble finding their own A**eh**es with both hands a torch and a set of instructions

Nige :angry:

Paddocks is just down the road from me and I always use their parts counter. I find the staff freindly and knowledgeable and have never had reason to complain. Admitedly the mail order service may be a completely different matter.

I've used them a lot over the last year, but the last 3 orders i've had have been an absolute farce... bits missing, bits broken... wrong stuff...

each time I've got an apology, but offer of a part refund would be good, having waited 3 weeks for items they say are in stock...

I'll probably use them again, simply because the website is easy to use, and they do free delivery..

I wouldn't use Craddocks as i can't fathom their website...

and i don't know anyone else that has a proper web-shop, and does free delivery... without rip-off prices...

I have used them in the past and the service was dreadful

I didn't then use them for ages.

Then I was told that "Changes had been made and all was now wonderfull"

So I used them again

Shambles totally useless,

monkeys not hvaing any idea what parts are what, wrong deliveries, poor packaging, poor quality goods, some damaged some missing, and generally a complete farce

Never ever use them again, why bother some of the parts quality is appalling the service worse, there are so many others who will do a better job, and thats all I ask.

Please ..............deliver what I ask for, for the price you quote, quickly, properly packaged

Paddocks - prob have trouble finding their own A**eh**es with both hands a torch and a set of instructions

Nige :angry:

All true; but they are cheap and we know what that usually means for staff:

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

I still use them and allow for time to put faults right, which they usually do.

Is there a parts suplier which someone can recommend? I have a feeling they are as bad as each other, the dealers included.

I heard Brookwells earlyer in this tread, any others?

Daan

I alway get great service with Paddocks, but I do tend to drive up and get them rather go through all the hassle of postage...........

......but........I have found another supplier localy...........Ottons.......Landrover Main dealer........they sell Bearmach parts as cheap as Paddocks :)

Been using Paddocks for years and years, telephone orders and now internet orders (though I don't like the new website) with the occcational visit. In all that time I have had very few problems (trying to remember one in fact) and when I have had to speak with the staff found them very easy to get on with and helpful. Buying online if you can find the parts is my preferred route though for avoiding confusion (and p&p).

I think Dave's ^^^^ comments are interesting though as I've also found main dealers (Wessex) selling 'classic' parts at as good a price many of the other parties which certainly surprised me the first time.

interesting thread,

I suspect that it's luck of the draw in many cases. i have spent about £2000 with Paddocks in the last 2 year and had only one problem when they didn't send the order for a month or so then when I chased it up they owned up straight away saying they should have sent it two weeks earlier and refunded me immediately. .....however the QUALITY of some of the products is a different story...............

Jas

One of the reasons I use Paddocks is that it is a long way to town for me and free postage appeals. If I am going to town and need something I always head for Hayden and Richard at Abergavenny 4x4. I usually tell them how much paddocks want for something and they will do their damnest to match it to within pence. Only exceptions are when they only sell genuine bits as experience has shown them that customers are not happy with the Britpart/or other alternative. Can thoroughly recommend them but be prepared to stand and chat for an hour about land rovers!

but be prepared to stand and chat for an hour about land rovers!

funnily enough i have that problem at my local :lol:

only had one or two dealings with pddocks and they were ok, but i suppose the more you use them the higher the risk!

One of the reasons I use Paddocks is that it is a long way to town for me and free postage appeals. If I am going to town and need something I always head for Hayden and Richard at Abergavenny 4x4. I usually tell them how much paddocks want for something and they will do their damnest to match it to within pence. Only exceptions are when they only sell genuine bits as experience has shown them that customers are not happy with the Britpart/or other alternative. Can thoroughly recommend them but be prepared to stand and chat for an hour about land rovers!

I can recommend these lads in Abergavenny, we were there last year for a weeks offroading and needed parts to repair one of our trucks, not only did they have the parts but allowed us to do the repairs outside the shop, they kindly supplied coffee as well, excellent service and nice guys as well

• 1 year later...

Paddocks do make mistakes putting orders together but they have always sorted out the problem quickly.

A bit of a management issue I reckon, it would be far cheaper to check orders before sending them than to spend time and money sorting out the mistakes.

I having spent about a grand + at Paddocks, i can say the best approach is if you cant find it on the web site ring Famous Four. All goods bought via the website have been trackable via the email notification and arrived in one piece. The only problem i have found with the website is that it does not notify the customer about nil stock!! :angry: