3.5 V8 Exhaust System - Best Deals from where?

Looking to get a decent exhaust for the V8 I am about to throw in the landy.

Want something that will give a some power increase and a good sound.

Where is the best place to get a good deal on a system?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Ta

Guest dew110CSW
Any ideas on this guys? Seen a few advertised around the 500 hard earned pounds mark, but was looking for more of a bargain!

Quick tip mate, why don't you create one thread for this conversion instead of 2000, might make it easier for you and others to follow.

Quick tip mate, why don't you create one thread for this conversion instead of 2000, might make it easier for you and others to follow.

Sorry, youve lost me?

Ive asked a question relevant to the topic of my thread title. I hopefully get some input from the experience in this forum, then let the thread drop off?

Thats a lot easier than adding new questions totally irrelavent to the original thread that could be about something different?

Hiya,

Right

FWIW I have a Janspeed system on mine, tubular manifolds and then a Y piece into a big single box and to tail pipe.

I bought it as I couldn't be bothered to make one, BUT the fitting and qualityof it was very poor.

I had to weld up some bits that they missed.

I had to severely alter the box and pipe to tuck up tight - the std build it woukld have been mullered off road.

I had to cut and reweld one of the manifolds as it just seemed to have twisted out of alignment when made,

And worst of all when I complained they couldn't have been less helpful

If you go for one of theres do be aware.

The other thing is you ned to be aware that as a MODIFIED V8 fitment, std V8 90 exhaust may not fit 100%.....

Another option is to use a RR downpipes and Y piece then a 300 TDI back section, I have seen (and heard) this a mate did to a V8 90 sounds beautifull, needs minimal tweaking to fit, and is big bore too !

HTH

Nige

I fitted a stainless sports system complete with tubular headers in a 3.9 Rangy. I had to jack the engine out of the bay in order to do up the rear manifold bolts. Very difficult job, and way out of my estimation on time to do it. Bluddy exhaust wrap fibres gave me the heebie-jeebies for a day or two afterwards. - Never again (well, not at that price!) If you buy a system with headers, then fit them while the engine is still sitting on the kitchen floor :angry: .

Les.

Hiya,

Right

FWIW I have a Janspeed system on mine, tubular manifolds and then a Y piece into a big single box and to tail pipe.

I bought it as I couldn't be bothered to make one, BUT the fitting and qualityof it was very poor.

I had to weld up some bits that they missed.

I had to severely alter the box and pipe to tuck up tight - the std build it woukld have been mullered off road.

I had to cut and reweld one of the manifolds as it just seemed to have twisted out of alignment when made,

And worst of all when I complained they couldn't have been less helpful

If you go for one of theres do be aware.

The other thing is you ned to be aware that as a MODIFIED V8 fitment, std V8 90 exhaust may not fit 100%.....

Another option is to use a RR downpipes and Y piece then a 300 TDI back section, I have seen (and heard) this a mate did to a V8 90 sounds beautifull, needs minimal tweaking to fit, and is big bore too !

HTH

Nige

Ahhh, thats a good idea. I have the V8 manifolds and V section too from a 3.9 RR and all in good nick. Suppose a 300TDI back section wont be too hard to come across and even to buy new either.

Any ideas exactly what fettling was done to make them meet?

Cheers for the ideas and the advice on the Janspeed. The last thing I want to do is buy an expensive system that does not fit well.

I fitted a stainless sports system complete with tubular headers in a 3.9 Rangy. I had to jack the engine out of the bay in order to do up the rear manifold bolts. Very difficult job, and way out of my estimation on time to do it. Bluddy exhaust wrap fibres gave me the heebie-jeebies for a day or two afterwards. - Never again (well, not at that price!) If you buy a system with headers, then fit them while the engine is still sitting on the kitchen floor :angry: .

Les.

Cheers Les. Well the engine is still out. Albeit not on the kitchen floor, the garage floor!!!

Was thinking about fitting the headers before I threw it in actually but was not sure on how difficult it would make the fit with less space.

Ahhh, thats a good idea. I have the V8 manifolds and V section too from a 3.9 RR and all in good nick. Suppose a 300TDI back section wont be too hard to come across and even to buy new either.

Any ideas exactly what fettling was done to make them meet?

Cheers for the ideas and the advice on the Janspeed. The last thing I want to do is buy an expensive system that does not fit well.

Not really sure he did the work not me.

I THINK it was mountings for the 300 TDI rear bit (box sits up high behind rear crossmember, and the coupling to the Y piece I think, pattern 300 TDI rear section isn't going to be very expensive.

If you do this then post up a tech thread for the forum to see / tech archive :) .

HTH

Nige