LR rims - 1-ton / 130 / Wolf

Since the 109 is undergoing such a sympathetic restoration I'd like to stick some LR rims on it but want some wider than stock. I like the 1-ton Series rims but have been told they are tube only, someone suggested 130 rims but I can't find a piccy/specs on the intyweb to compare how they look to normal LWB rims, and half the 130 pics I found seemed to have Wolfs on.

Have found that Wolfs are 6.5x16 with seemingly not much offset:

ANR4583SILVER.GIF

Paddocks seem to list 130 wheels as "130/2/2a 1-ton" :huh: is that right or are they just a superseded part? These are also 6.5x16.

If the widest "LR-look" rim is 6.5" where does that leave my tyre choices? :unsure: Not overly keen on disco or RR steels and although mods are cheap enough they are a bit less subtle than LR rims.

Got Wolf/XD wheels on my 110, see picture, they are 6.5jx16x20.6mm available in tube [anr5593] & tubeless [anr4583] form & have replaced the earlier heavy duty wheels as fitted to 127/130's, IIRC these have a inset of 20.6mm.

the earlier 6.5LX16 rims are anr1534 rivetted construction only to be fitted with tubes.

post-20-1175847339_thumb.jpg

post-20-1175848019_thumb.jpg

Edited by western

Guest dew110CSW

Mine has the Standard LWB Rims as shown above by Western - Just painted black B)

I've got 235/85s on them and never seen any problems.

Got Wolf/XD wheels on my 110, see picture, they are 6.5jx16x20.6mm available in tube [anr5593] & tubeless [anr4583] form & have replaced the earlier heavy duty wheels as fitted to 127/130's, IIRC these have a inset of 20.6mm.

the earlier 6.5LX16 rims are anr1534 rivetted construction only to be fitted with tubes.

Looking at your photo, the studs look a little short? Were they like that with the other wheels?

Normaly you'd expect them to be longer than the nuts unless they were double ended nuts.

Or is this a LR cost saving by ignoring standard practice of 1 1/2 threads sticking out?

I'm used to RRC steel wheel hubs and Series hubs so maybe i'm out of date!

A little short is ok. If the studs stick out beyond the nuts the exposed thread will rust and make things difficult. From the discussion before I believe there is no MOT problem as the wheels are still held on by many threads.

I recall this ^^^^coming up on the old LRO a couple of years back................. :blink:

Caused no end of grief!!! ^_^ ^_^

Yep as soon as i saw the pic of westerns wheel i thought here we go :rolleyes:

i seem to remember that thread was about 12 pages long or similer :blink:

I'm not going to restart the wheel stud debate again, suffice to say my 110 has rear drum brakes & my wheels & studs have never become loose in over 11 years of beinging fitted & the extra thickness of the XD/Wolf wheels give that result, the studs are identical length to XD studs I have a vehicle set at home & have done the measurements to prove this, on rear disc brake vehicles the stud fully fills the nut,

end of stud/wheel saga, if anyone wants any more search LRO for the thread :D

Cheers for the info guys - my only concern now is that the genuine LR wheels available may not be wide enough - I'm starting with a set of 9.00x16's and may go upwards as funds allow, unless I buy bicycle tyres I think they may be a bit of a waste of time :unsure:

Too used to being at the lab with Jez's 18" wide boggers :wub: bit spendy for me though :(

Half keeping my eyes open at Sodbury tomorrow but unless it's from a retailer I'm not sure I want to risk buying a set of wheels as you have no comeback if they're bent :unsure:

JU, i thought that you had portals, with volvo pattern wheels, or have you changed?

Are they the same or am i missing a piece of info?

If you want wider rims, what about disco steels, checked mine today when discussing more tyres with a tyre man, and the rims are 7j according to the casting?

Guest diesel_jim
Cheers for the info guys - my only concern now is that the genuine LR wheels available may not be wide enough - I'm starting with a set of 9.00x16's and may go upwards as funds allow, unless I buy bicycle tyres I think they may be a bit of a waste of time :unsure:

9.00x16's will fit the wolf or the 1 ton deep dish wheels.

found this thread through google , im in the same boat , im after some 6.5 steel stock wheels for my 90 and im not really wanting wolf wheels.

the 1 ton wheels on paddocks web site are the only ones i could find.

they do look to be quite beefy with the right tyres fitted.

http://www.lrforum.com/articles/00166/123_2325.jpg

Guest diesel_jim

I picked one up at sodbury. in fact, there were quite a few 127/130" rims there (i'm building up a set)

however, there are some with even more offset, i think they're the ones like on the 109 above ^^^^^ they have mega-offset! i only saw one of those at sodders.

i'd go for the plain 127/130 ones, much more readily available if you bend one.

arn't one of the ex-military places advertising them in the comics? LV Vass i think, with 7.50 michelin XZ road tyres. i think the rims are £20 each.

quick google search: Vass.co.uk 6.5x16... hmmm.... yummy!!! look nice with XZL's around them!!! (thats what i'm building up for my 110)

Guest diesel_jim
they are 2b rims , different from the 127 130 rims although they are all 6.5.

Yup, that's the one i saw.

rare as rocking horse poo me thinks?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest diesel_jim
They look great, 1st time I've seen XD/Wolf wheels reversed.

That's Craig Reece's 100", he's a mate of mine in the US. vehicle built by Shane Ballensky. got a 300Tdi in it.

most of the bits came from the UK... sourced by me! :D