3.9 Disco on LPG (well almost!)

bmhor

The story is that I've just bought a P reg 3.9 Disco fitted with Tarterini Etagas LPG kit but it won't run on gas.

I have the software and programming lead for the system but the laptop does not see the ecu.

Does anyone have, or know where I can get, a wiring diagram for this gas system as I suspect that there might be a wire off somewhere.

I've tried the company who's details are on the car but they were worse than useless, several other (well known) companies have promised to call me back but hey, its only been 2 months......... so here I am asking where I should have asked in the first place.

This system would also have been fitted to R/R's so info from one of those would be a help as well.

Any help/info appreciated.

Bob

I have the software and programming lead for the system but the laptop does not see the ecu.

Don't know anything about your LPG kit, but are you by any chance trying to use old DOS based (text mode) diagnostic software from Windows? Windows uses 'virtual' serial ports (even if your computer has a proper serial port not a USB to serial adapter) which often don't work with software like this - if you can get hold of a copy of DOS and a computer with a proper hardware serial port you might find you have more success.

Don't know anything about your LPG kit, but are you by any chance trying to use old DOS based (text mode) diagnostic software from Windows? Windows uses 'virtual' serial ports (even if your computer has a proper serial port not a USB to serial adapter) which often don't work with software like this - if you can get hold of a copy of DOS and a computer with a proper hardware serial port you might find you have more success.

Thanks for the input Geoff, the laptop does have a serial port and the software is designed for use with windows.

I'm fairly certain that there is a connection problem somewhere hence looking for the wiring diagrams.

Bob

Bob,

Join this yahopo group http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lp-gas/ you'll find it most helpful.

Tartarini are/were fitted by the bloke in Scotlandwell, less said the better!

Try Neil Maxwell in Stirling, he does/did use Tartarini kit, he's not he most organised so I usually find hte best thing is to go see him rather than call.