DISCO 300tdi FRONT WIPERS

PATMITCH

CAN ANYONE HELP ME.

I have a '95 300tdi disco and the wipers only work in fast wipe, they also don't self park. as this is a requirement for MOT I'm stuffed until I sort it out and being a typical yorkshire man I don't want to pay the £45 ph that LR dealers want to charge.

To expand on the problem it's self:-

1 The original wipers seized up and the motor burned out.

2 I fit a new (to me) motor and it only worked on fast wipe and single wipe but didn't self park.

3 Fit another new (to me) motor and the problem is the same.

4 checked that I was getting voltage at the motor plug, ignition feed & fast wipe Ok nothing on slow wipe

5 Checked that relay is working (can be heard clicking when switch on intermittent)

Any ideas will be greatfully received and carefully considered

I'll watch this with interest as I have exactly the same problem on my 200 tdi. So far I have swapped for known good items, the steering column switch, the red relay, checked fuses, and changed the complete wiper mator assembly. Also checked earth to motor was good. Its still the same. As far as I can ascertain the only thing left is a broken wire in the loom.

AFAIK self park is not an MOT requirement. I was told that the wipers must clean the windscreen and thats it.

Hi to you both.

yes I've checked for a V supply .

Also I've been told by a mate who's a mechanic that self park IS a requirement for MOT

I had the opposite problem last year when mine would just start to work on their own and wouldn't turn off, i tried everything and it ended up being the wiper motor.

have you checked the module that sits on the back of the fuse box can't remember what its called at the moment this controls the wipers speed instead of several relays doing it

Its called the multi function unit (MFU) just had a look at the wiring diagram.

If you still have the spare motor you can check if the motor is ok and the park will work by putting a voltage through it!

Then you will know if you have a problem with the MFU or not

Hope this helps

Nick

Guest dew110CSW
Hi to you both.

Also I've been told by a mate who's a mechanic that self park IS a requirement for MOT

Mine don't self park, it's got a full 12 month MOT on it with that problem. Just gotta remember to turn them off at the right time.

Guest dew110CSW

I mean when driving so you don't end up with one right across your vision. As I said, passed no probs with no self park.

Guest WALFY
Hi to you both.

Some nice colours in your avater.

Mine don't self park, it's got a full 12 month MOT on it with that problem. Just gotta remember to turn them off at the right time.

Ya mean I've bin goin through all this when I should A jus tek'n it in for't MOT :blush:

Some nice colours in your avater.

:D CHEERS :D

Yep. Im not complaining but mine sailed thru with half a dozen faults. None of them make the vehicle unsafe in the real world but they're still fails. MOT man has a LW and is LR nuts :)

SOOOO basically you've got a bent MOT, cos the tester were a bit of a soft touch, wi a ardon for landys