Anyone want a reinforced clutch fork?

Les Henson

I did 6 today wiv my blingy new welder :D 2 have already been blagged by mmgemini and Gromit (sorry for the wait guys)

Anyone want the others? All money goes in the gin fund (£15)

med_gallery_2_315_299066.jpg

Les.

I'm only being arsey really and I don't particularly care but if this post had been placed by me ( in the not for sale forum ) blatantly advertising a product for sale would it have been allowed or would it be pulled as spam?? :lol::lol::D

David

I'm only being arsey really and I don't particularly care but if this post had been placed by me ( in the not for sale forum ) blatantly advertising a product for sale would it have been allowed or would it be pulled as spam?? :lol::lol::D

David

Considering the amount of 'on the sly' advertising you get on this forum, isn't that comment a bit rich, especially as Les is only doing them as a fundraiser....

Oops David, the gin fund is the forum kitty, Les has a wooden duck fund for himself.

Mo

I thought the little gasps and smiles after my post would show how tongue in cheek I was being :lol::lol:

I accept that this is non commercial and I agree I do pick up some work from the forum - I also give discount to forum members as a means of thankyou for letting me post such 'helping comments'.

There is however across the board of forums ( some worse than this ) an amount of some can and some can't post adverts

David

Private individuals can sell stuff in the Classified section withing the rules of the website of course. Fundraising for the website is a seperate issue - Ladoga DVD's/T-shirts, MWWC pictures, forum stickers, and clutch forks. Links to company websites are fine as well, as long as they are not invasive to the thread (like being massive/brightly coloured/other dodgy stuff.

Commercial Advertising is not allowed - it's important that this website remains free of any commercial influence.

I know you don't like it David, but we won't make an exception in your case. As has been said many times before - other companies donate and/or offer discount to forum members, and are happy with the website rules.

Les.

I know you don't like it David, but we won't make an exception in your case. As has been said many times before - other companies donate and/or offer discount to forum members, and are happy with the website rules.

Les.

I am not really wanting to prolong this thread but I would like to let it be known that I do not object to the website rules.

Rules are, as are laws of the land, very often clear and black and white. Often it is the implemantation that makes these areas grey.

David

the PayPal thing's been done, funds have been sent

I know - spent it (hic!)

All forks so far ordered were sent this morning - post to the Emerald Isle will go via most of Europe probably, so will get there in time for Christmas. :lol:

Les. :D

post to the Emerald Isle will go via most of Europe probably, so will get there in time for Christmas. :lol:

Cheers Les.

Yeah, you don't have to tell me.

Don't get me started on the price difference between sending stuff from the UK to Northern Ireland (4 miles from me) and to the South of Ireland. :angry:

Hope it didn't cost you too much.