HI-LUX on the pole

jules

I was pretty impressed but i loved clarksons closing words, so very true and very well said over all the tomfoolary.

did wonder at one or two points why they didnt bung the hilift under one end and drive off buyt its all too easy to say when i'm sat here :)

Jules, I flicked over and saw it was a Hilux, watched about 30 seconds and changed again.

I still haven't forgiven them for that carp they put out when trying to destroy a Hilux. Broke the chassis in two 'but still couldn't destroy it' ??? Anything is repairable and any older diesel engine will run after a dunking in water if it's bled through, so what was the point? Could have done the same with a diesel Metro.

was ok, watched it and enjoyed but the only reason the hilux made it was the skill of the support team, it was over in the ice field were it not for them fixing the damage.

far more respect for the hamster

Hi everyone,

Maybe i'm behind the times, but did anyone see the Top Gear special where they became the first folks to drive to the north pole?

I know they didn't use Landies, but you have to admit that the Hilux trucks they had were damn sexy.

Slightly further afield i know, but i wanted to go to Iceland for our honeymoon (with Iceland Rovers) and do a glacier expedition (i'm a geomorphologist, so it's my bag) but we couldn't really afford it, especially as it was the wrong time of year for the trip we wanted to be guaranteed to take in the northern lights phenomenon.

Watching that programme has made me want to go even more!

i am sure someone wil give you a more techinical description, but here goes. its a little file you download and have to use with another program, like azureus or transmission. this then goes of into web world and seeks the file form someone else who has it "shared" then downloads it to your computer for you to enjoy.

I think the funniest bit was at the startline, were one of the dogs marked his teritory on one of the hilux wheels...

Interesting watching, however I am pretty sure they are not the first to do it by car.

daan

I watched it and enjoyed it, i bet the support guys werent too happy when he put his foot to the floor..... and promptly broke the truck :lol:

slightly OT..... Does anyone rememer the name of a programme (about 10+ years ago) that used used F**D Maveriks and URALS to drive 'around' the world? i think it was something like 'The race against time'??