Messer!!

Guest weeble

:angry::angry:

After a particularly bad experiance with a certain member of the forum I decided to share my thoughts with all of you.

The saga started when I replied to a request by this member for a locking rear differential for a Defender.

It just so happened I had a complete rear axle that would fit his vehicle, and after a couple of E mails and a phone call or 2, a price was agreed and a meet to help with collection/delivery.

The meet was some 1 hour/30 miles from me so I arranged to deliver some wheels and tyres to another member and also to collect some parts from another location near to the arranged place.

On the morning of the arranged meet the alarm bells started to ring.

Dispite his promise to ring me to confirm the meet no phone call arrived. So after a few attempts finally witholding my phone No. he answered his phone.

"Sorry but my van failed its MOT this morning and I am trying to find a replacement vehicle to meet you".

So bearing in mind if I didn`t go to the arranged place I would be letting 2 other people down, I decided to travel there anyway complete with the axle.

Surprise surprise he didn`t arrive but contacted me promising to collect it in person the following week.

After me sending text messages and E mails he finally responded over a week later saying he was unable to complete the transaction due to familly problems.

The most anoying thing about the whole thing is that I could have sold the axle to another interested party but refused to do so as I was promised by this person he would complete the sale.

If this member didn`t want the axle why didn`t he just tell me rather than just messing me about.?

My question to all of you is do you think I should name this particular member or not?

Personally, I don`t believe any of the excuses he gave me.

Hi Weeble,

I can fully understand your anger at the poor conduct of said member, and it may strike a chord with him / her when they read your above post.

However, I am not sure that naming them will achieve a great deal, other than starting a name calling frenzy amongst those who wish to participate in such purile persuits.

It may well be worth a note of caution to the moderators however ?

It is rather a shame that forum members wish to behave like Ebayers, as I had hoped this forum was above that kind of behavior. :angry: - [school teacher mode off ] :P

Adrian.

Just put it down to experience (theres nothing queer as folk) :angry:

Yep

Been there had that done to me

"....Yes mate..... I'll absolutely definately have it......."

".....Guaranteed, .....my word is my bond trust me..."

and other worthless drivel.

Now (as with the Buick / Rover dizzy I have just sold) I ask for a deposit payment,

the forum member who has bought the dizzy coughed up around half via PayPal,

therefore I am sure he will have it at Sodbury,

and he is also sure I won't do the other thing that winds me up HUGELY - ie sell it to someone else for more money and then argue why that was fair :angry:

If you don't have a deposit then you have nothing,

I also think by naming and shaming all you risk is a big sqwabble of "he said she said" and bringing the forum into disrepute,

after all, do you really expect him here to shove their respective hands up and admit to being a bit of a T*sser ?

Look on the bright side, ..............you have an axle still for sale :huh:

:P

Nige

:angry::angry:

After a particularly bad experiance with a certain member of the forum I decided to share my thoughts with all of you.

The saga started when I replied to a request by this member for a locking rear differential for a Defender.

It just so happened I had a complete rear axle that would fit his vehicle, and after a couple of E mails and a phone call or 2, a price was agreed and a meet to help with collection/delivery.

The meet was some 1 hour/30 miles from me so I arranged to deliver some wheels and tyres to another member and also to collect some parts from another location near to the arranged place.

On the morning of the arranged meet the alarm bells started to ring.

Dispite his promise to ring me to confirm the meet no phone call arrived. So after a few attempts finally witholding my phone No. he answered his phone.

"Sorry but my van failed its MOT this morning and I am trying to find a replacement vehicle to meet you".

So bearing in mind if I didn`t go to the arranged place I would be letting 2 other people down, I decided to travel there anyway complete with the axle.

Surprise surprise he didn`t arrive but contacted me promising to collect it in person the following week.

After me sending text messages and E mails he finally responded over a week later saying he was unable to complete the transaction due to familly problems.

The most anoying thing about the whole thing is that I could have sold the axle to another interested party but refused to do so as I was promised by this person he would complete the sale.

If this member didn`t want the axle why didn`t he just tell me rather than just messing me about.?

My question to all of you is do you think I should name this particular member or not?

Personally, I don`t believe any of the excuses he gave me.

would his user name be like a certain mystical bird and the christian name of the getting out there mod(not me)Per chance?

but he did a similar thing to me over a pair of axles

apparently his LT230 had cracked open on the day of collection

after I had run around sorting out a trailer to collect etc

Hi Weeble,

Unfortunate experience mate, especially when you were so far away.

I personally wouldn't name and shame but you do feel a bit powerless for having been royally reemed when all it takes is for the person to have the courage to say they have changed their mind.

I have experienced a lot of timewasters in the past when selling cars (trying to haggle a price before seeing the motor) but you come to expect that and unfortunately thats just people.

I feel the main issue for me here is that there is a large feeling of trust and cameraderie on this forum and this leads you to trust people here more readily (and lets face it why not?)

If the same guy had replied to an ad in the paper your bull***tometer would have gone full scale way before he stood you up and you may have gone through the same routine but with a different expectation of the result.

All I can say is I am sorry to hear it and don't let it faze your trust in this forum (and people in general).

Personally I think you have shown admirable control by not flaming the member directly, well done!

Cheers

Grant

Dave

Naming and shaming does little except make you feel better. In future you know that anything he agrees to buy from you will still be for sale a week later.

As a side issue I have your shelving all stacked up in Jo's car ready for delivery this weekend. Any news on the hood sticks. A slight hitch today with my availability has scuppered my deal so will have to agree a price and pay and collect later. If he needs some shelving let me know as it may not be there for long.

If it's still for sale I'll give you a pound for it :D

I hate this when this type of thing is posted - almost like its the forums fault !

Put it down to experence there are some ars*les around in the world - and its easy to be one over this medium

Learn from it

Steve

I disagree here. We are all quick to point fingers and throw stones at companys. An obvious one springs to mind. So what is different about pointing at a particular person, he has since been identified in subsequent posts. It wouldn't do any harm to others to warn them of his reliability or lack of. At the end of the day this is an independent forum where we can say what we want to within reason

I am connected to Weeble and know that he isn't the sort of person to go spouting off at the slightest hitch. It must be something big for him to get fed up.

I struggled to take loads of parts I had sold to forum members, to Billing and not one person contacted me over the weekend or contacted me after the weekend to say why they couldn't be arsed to tell me they didn't want the parts in the mean time I had arches and complete coil over shock sets in my car all weekend only to take them home...

sad state of affairs

luckily uncommon, if I doubt people will pay I won't deliver etc without ££ up front.

luckily to date only one person mentioned above has sodded about.

everyone else even people in Australia* have always paid up and never had to chase anyone

* Not Paul whom I know personally either.

just before we send out the lynch mobs,

sometimes people do get it wrong (although there may be some p*** btaking going on); recently sold something to Tobes and later decided (after a couple of issues) that the original deal i agreed to i just wasn't happy completing- it was going to lose me too much money. Basically i got the initial advert wrong.

Tobes would be quite right to say that i was taking the p***, but understood (i hope) that i didn't go out to take the p*** but had made an honest mistake.

It is very easy to jump on people on the internet without knowing all sides to a story.

Agreed Jim but this isn't the first time the same person has pulled this stunt.

you could also point to a sale I made recently where an item was advertised for a price

a deal almost struck then some one else added that the price was OTT and a supplier was selling the same item

for £60 less.

I changed the price with the offer of £10 less than the said supplier to the would be purchaser

only for it to materialise the supplier was in fact selling at £35 more than I had first advertised for.

I was then left in the middle so sold the item for £20 +postage for less than my original(albeit cheaper than anyone else) price

the everso helpful poster cost me £35

the money I lost dropping the price and paying the postage.

The original buyer was not involved in anyway with the price argument and paid the agreed price straight away

I felt awkward as he had been sodded about so wore the £35.

like you say 2 sides to all stories, BUT weebles is the second similar from the same person, in fact the same person I'll not deal with again

as life is too short to waste on messers

Well, that seemed to open a can of worms! :o . :o

My intention of posting this on the forum was NOT to air my personal anger at the said person (I already have done so in an E mail directly), but to see if other members felt they should be made aware of certain peoples conduct.

It seems by the number of PM`s ive recieved on the matter that this certain member has done exactly the same to at least two others and many others want to know who it is.

My spare time is precious to me and I don`t have time to be messed around by people who don`t seem to care about others.

Personally I feel ALL members should be made aware of people who waste others time, but that I feel is not my decision to make on a public forum. This can only be the moderators decision.

As far as Im concerned the matter is now closed and if the moderarors feel no further action is needed then thats for them to decide.