MadMan ETG gauge

Gromit

After pondering an EGT gauge for a while I finally got this:

DSC_3612.jpg

from Landyonline in South Africa.

You can plug a variety of senders into it:

K or J EGT probe

Oil Temp

Pressure (selectable Oil/Manifold/fuel/boost/aux)

Coolant Temp

Coolant level

ETG screen - the probe is just sitting in the engine compartment until I fit it to the manifold

DSC_3613.jpg

Battery voltage and hour meter

DSC_3609.jpg

2 types of inclinometer

DSC_3610.jpg

DSC_3611.jpg

I was curious if it would interface directly with the coolant level sensor out of the Range Rover PRC7925

The sensor has a reed switch which has a high resistance when closed. To help it, I grounded the sensor to the same point as the gauge.

Well, when you do this:

DSC_3606.jpg

after 5 seconds it beeps and does this:

DSC_3615.jpg

Perfect B)

It also stores all maximum values and you can set max/min alarm points for EGT temp, oil pressure etc.

It's backlit and easy to read. Some of the setup screens are a bit small

DSC_3618.jpg

Mounted

DSC_3621.jpg

(No connection with Landyonline, other than a happy customer)

http://www.landyonline.co.za/workshop/engi...mentgauges.html

http://www.landyonline.co.za/workshop/pricelist.html

lots of rand, but i dont know how many £'s off the top of my head or how many £'s it might cost to land one on these fair shores.

i daresay gromit can answer

looks good, not sure if i should go for one of these or one of the cheaper yankee ones with only egt.

Ahh thats very nice & not a bad price. I may have to redesign my centre console & replace the 5 gauges i just put there.... ;(

Simon R - whats the news? You are shown as the Uk dist, but i donr see anything on your site...

Come on Si - I want one too!

I'm in the process of doing a deal for some - a swap in fact!

The cost looks promising, but I don't know yet how much import duty and shipping I'm going to get stung with! If you can already buy them over here for £100 - the trade price with VAT comes to about £95! Add shipping and duty and I'd have to sell them at a loss! Obviously, the price will not be hiked, but it will be realistic for both of us.

I'll keep you all posted with what and when. I'm only bringing in the small square variant - I think the other one looks ugly!

Si

The other one is easier to fit and can fit above the speedo on a Defender. If I were to fit one that would be the one I would go for. Also the readout is bigger and easier to read. As I have had a boost gauge and EGT for years I don't really feel the need to change. Oh, and I also have an alarm with a level switch. This last is the most important. But as you can see Brian and I feel that these things are important.

I'm in the process of doing a deal for some - a swap in fact!

The cost looks promising, but I don't know yet how much import duty and shipping I'm going to get stung with! If you can already buy them over here for £100 - the trade price with VAT comes to about £95! Add shipping and duty and I'd have to sell them at a loss! Obviously, the price will not be hiked, but it will be realistic for both of us.

I'll keep you all posted with what and when. I'm only bringing in the small square variant - I think the other one looks ugly!

Si

Si

Not seen them for 100 quid. It was a rough price that I had in my mind. No need to match it. We know you wouldn't rob us on here :) .

• 2 months later...
Interesting, how many actual inputs does it have?

From memory:

EGT

Coolant level switch

Coolant temp

Oil Temp

Switched Oil Pressure

Pressure (fuel, manifold, turbo etc.)

There's also a remote alarm output for buzzers/lights etc.

I have just recieved an EMS-2. I will do a write-up asap as promised.

In short it has the following (simultanious) inputs:

(with programmable alarms on all)

- EGT

- Oil (or fuel or air) Pressure display

- Oil Pressure switch (alarm)

- Water temperature

- Water level switch

- Battery volts

other features

- roll/pitch display

- relay output (can for example cut engine on roll over)

other features

- roll/pitch display

- relay output (can for example cut engine on roll over)

plus engine hours.

It also tells you when your TDi is running, cause the inclinometer jumps randomly from 0 to 1 degrees all the time :D

• 1 year later...