It started with the inner wings......

roguevogue

After a quick coat of paint.

3link2.jpg

a trial fitting of the arms after fitting the poly bushes I picked up at Sodbury for £2.

3link3.jpg

first fitting to the chassis.

3link4.jpg

brake pipes fitted.

3link1.jpg

and finally testing the articulation before setting the height for the shock mounts.

3link5.jpg

Impressive 3 link setup! B)

Also the way that the brake lines have been placed behind the axles, running along the radium arms. Well thought out setup.

I'll certainly be watching closely, to see how well it performs, both on the road and the trials.

Cheers,

Todd.

Joseph and his technicoloured dream rangie :lol::lol::lol:

I was ok with it until I saw the yellow calipers... :angry:

No doubt this colour coding will allow repair by someone else at a distance, you calling them on the mobile saying undo the orange bit on the right etc...

(You really should read up about user interface design and study the chapter on the use of colours).

Made the top shock mounting last night, painted it blue ;) , the colours are a bit of fun really, to aid in the explanation of how it works from photos.

As for the yellow calipers, all the best ones are yellow, I figured there must be some benefit to the colour, heat disipation or something. :ph34r::P

At the end of the day the colour will be brown all over so who cares.

Finally, Tonk, haven't you got anything better to do? You think this is a picture of the front of my Rangie don't you. :lol::lol::blink:

It's something i've thought quite a long time about, all the other solutions have their limitations, as does mine, but this is the easiest, and critically cheapest, solution.

On the money side of things, i've spent more on bushes, brake pipe, pads, nuts and pistons, nuts and bolts and grease nipples etc. to build this than I spent on the original build, including winch!! :P Scarey.

On the money side of things, i've spent more on bushes, brake pipe, pads, nuts and pistons, nuts and bolts and grease nipples etc. to build this than I spent on the original build, including winch!! :P Scarey.

Bloody cheque book off roaders :P

Bloody nice, Nick!!! That's a very good, well thought out set up. Did you think about having a single upper link rather than a single lower link or were there sump issues? I like what you've done with the brake lines; I hadn't thought of that. I think I'll have to use that when I multilink both ends :D

Bloody nice, Nick!!! That's a very good, well thought out set up. Did you think about having a single upper link rather than a single lower link or were there sump issues? I like what you've done with the brake lines; I hadn't thought of that. I think I'll have to use that when I multilink both ends :D

Quite right, the sump is in the way of putting the third link at the top.

Good set of piccies there rogue. Nice one.

But with all that work, you should have thrown a portal axle in there :P:P

Are they adjustable in length ? Hence the different colour - if so what did you use for a thread ?

They are adjustable in length I suppose but thats not why the thread is there. The thread is M30, primarily because I bought 3 M30 taps on ebay for £9. ;) one unused spiral flute which would cost about £60 on its own from our engineering supplies place. I used an M30 bolt for the male thread.

all that bling bling paintwork and u leave the axle in primer :rolleyes::unsure:

Not primer just grey eggshell finish, it's in vogue this autumn you know. :P

Tonk,

Nah, think is just one the the "In Vogue Shades" from the latest colour chart he has been working through .....

Nick, are yoiu going to call your truck "Dulux" :ph34r: ?

Two more colours tonight, on the track rod (silver) and steering damper (black with metallic over laquer) :ph34r:

Nick - very tidy piece of fabrication. What're the two lugs that stick out forwards from the swivel bolts?

Lower shock mounting, more pictures along soon.

Very nice work Nick

What front prop will you be running?

Standard front prop, the axle doesn't move that much lower than standard and the diff follows the gearbox output now.

Given that the lower shock mounts are just below the steering box holes are you just bolting the top mounts on are is it a more sunstantial welded affair?

And more importantly, what colour will they be.

The top mounts bolt onto the same place as standard ones and yes they are a "welded affair". They are blue, there may be pictures of them tomorow night. :rolleyes: