Nekarth locking diffs

FridgeFreezer

Nekarth

foto1.jpg

They sent me an e-mail in very bad English that looked a lot like spam, but they seem to be genuine - never heard of 'em myself :huh:

I got 3 copies of an email from Mariana at Nekarth ... no mention of locking diffs, only to have the best Land Rover related web site in the world. Kinda spammy if ya ask me. :banned:

being portuguese, i can add some info :D

the ".com" is genuine and belongs to the same company at the ".com.br". Here they basically say "access our new portal http://www.nekarth.com/. Here you'll find information about Land Rover vehicles, videos, photos and complete information about the Nekarth locking diff."

looks like the ".com" site will only promote the locking diff product, because they also have Free Wheel Hubs but they don't appear anywhere in the ".com" site.

Go green, fit Locking diffs

When you install a NEKARTH LOCKING DIFERENTIAL you are helping the nature because the system reduce the tires skid, you don’t need to accelerate your vehicle up to the maximum to cross your obstacles, this moderate acceleration helps the carbon emission.

• 1 year later...
I'll remember that once next time I'm chatting to Greenpeace, wonder if we could get a petition up to make LR fit them from the factory on emissions grounds? :lol:

Bump

Any further feedback on these Nekarth locker?

What I understand is they have advantage over Detroit lockers in that they are normally open (detroit is normally locked) and do not have the understeeer, tyre wear etc.

Also understand that they have advantage over the Detroit Truetrack in that they remain locked when a wheel is spinning in the air.

they do have a .com website as mentioned above and a .co.uk website. It seems there are a couple of small agents outside .br but it is difficult to contact details.

My questions are:

Is the company reliable?

Is the product durable?

Does it work as they say it does?

What problems are experienced?

Has anyone installed them, imported them or become a dealer?

This is actually an early ZF design,

We use this type of "pawl" locking diff in our old timers as it is the only one the Pre-War rules allow,

It is either Off or On, and does wear out very quickly, in a higher mileage vehicle I would think less than 5,000 miles of medium use and you will be needing new pawls and probably new cages at 10,000.

Lara

This is actually an early ZF design,

We use this type of "pawl" locking diff in our old timers as it is the only one the Pre-War rules allow,

It is either Off or On, and does wear out very quickly, in a higher mileage vehicle I would think less than 5,000 miles of medium use and you will be needing new pawls and probably new cages at 10,000.

Lara

Hey Julian,

Can you confirm they are normally open and only lock when needed? I've been looking at the diagrams, but am unable to determine the exact operating mechanism.

THX!

Filip