megasquirt (again)

gav-

i am thinking of switching from a 3.5 hotwire to a 3.5 megasquirt.

Is there any chance of getting a larger/ detailed version of the edis/rover v8 wiring diagram thats posted by hybrid from hell which is from fridgefreezer? I cant really see the detail i need.

also, i can make out in the drawing that theres one lambda sensor, whilst hybrid from hell, looks like theres two of them, how are these wired in? can you run with one?? (its easier for me to place it out the way you see!)

thanks

A single lambda will work fine, narrowband or wideband.

MS1/Extra does support twin lambdas for one in each exhaust header and can control the fuelling in each bank separately (dual table?) but quite the benefit of this i'm not sure..

3.5 is normally flapper

3.9 is hotwire

cheers thats the diagram i found, have u got a bigger copy as its difficult to read the writing. here

i changed from a flapper to a hotwire, but am having issues with water and dizzy hence why i want to do edis, and then tune the fueling as well.

I have since found the diagram i was after, its was on the fuddymuckers website

i am now collecting the parts i need, what would you recommend i use as sensors, what can i use from the hotwire system and would this do as a lambda sensor- i dont think i need a wideband (i cant see the advantage for what i need it for).

Here's what I've got:

The MS connector:

DB37_V3_EDIS.jpg

The whole system:

MS-n-EDIS_Loom.jpg

You'll need to click on the "see full size" bit to see the detail. Also, the MS1 can't run a stepper motor idle control valve but that's no great loss, most people run without an idle control valve and it seems to work OK unless your engine is really fussy or you absolutely must have perfect idle from stone cold.

thanks for those diagrams, i had the second one, but not the first.

so what about sensora? Will the lambda on ebay work? i have just won a bosch idle control v/v (bid on it before FF wrote that) will it connect as per the wiring diagram above? what about MAT sensors whats best to use?

if you could list what you have used that would be useful. sorry for the questions, and i know the information is out there, but seeing as there is alot of information on here that works, i hope you dont mind me asking, at least its from a trusted source, if you know what i mean.

cheers