van sides fitted

wow what can i say about today.....it was wet and cold and the wind was blowing a gale.... but at 9 am this morning i arrved at pux's ready to do battle with the 110 and the weather...

im so glad pux said he would help as i would have been really stuck. it would have been an easy job but for having really cold hands ...... so the first job of the day was to fit the bull bar pux had... wow thats an amazing bar mate....looks the dogs on there...

next job was to fit the van sides....i will let the pictures speak for them selves.............. i will also take some pics tomorrow of the boot storage we also fitted...........

so here are the pics

OI PIKEY BRING THAT BACK!!!!!!!

DSCF0426%20_Small_.JPG

something missing but what is it??

DSCF0427%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0428%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0429%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0430%20_Small_.JPG

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN??????

DSCF0431%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0432%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0433%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0434%20_Small_.JPG

so are you ready to see our handy work then???

are you????

here you go then. its gonna be painted very soon

DSCF0436%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0440%20_Small_.JPG

i want to say a massive thanks to pux for his expert help today...with out you bud i would still be looking at bits of flat metal on the floor......proper land rover pikey you is bud :D

also want to say thanks to rougetrooper for meeting up with us and selling me the van sides..................... :D :D

so was it worth the effort???

Hickley Valtone

Taunton 01823 328500

Bridgewater 01278 423570

Give em a call. Very helpful. And there is nice bit of totty in the Taunton depot. Not sure of the address. Behind the bus station. I got there and gave them a call and got directions. HTH

here are some day light pics........ im very happy with the results... just got to work out what color it will all be painted now. i am definalty looking hard at nato green :D:D:D

DSCF0451%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0452%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0454%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0456%20_Small_.JPG

the storage is also sorted ......i might change things about a bit but to be honest it seems to be working well

DSCF0457%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0459%20_Small_.JPG

there is nice bit of totty in the Taunton depot. Not sure of the address. Behind the bus station.

hes only after paint Mark and what you do behind the bus station is your business!

Nice truck i think a van sided CSW 110 is a good way to go. with all the mil kit i would stay with blue though - or black.....

So what do 110 van sides come from ? Are they from a 90 or series van, or are they a specific 110 part ?
There 88 inch swb series van sides and its a stright swap bar drilling a couple of new holes :D

just rear window grills to go now and a nice big lock on the rear door and we are all secure... B) all in the aid of security ;)

anyone know the best place for external window grills other than simonites?......( thats the only place i have found that sells em )

sccchhhh.i vill not say, even width the bright light in my eyes :lol: :lol: :lol:

the boxes over hang by about 3" each side. i have them pushed right up to the dog guard and have about a foot ( maybe a tiny bit more ) space that the end.....so they fit perfect B)

I didn't know you could remove the panels without taking the roof off. I want to replace my rotten bodycappings with galvanised ones but have been postponing this because I did not want to take the roof off...
its easy enough as long as you have someone there to lift the roof while you pull the side out :D

I didn't know you could remove the panels without taking the roof off. I want to replace my rotten bodycappings with galvanised ones but have been postponing this because I did not want to take the roof off...

its do able mate but you will need a second set of hands. the roof takes some lifting... :lol:

you can do it yourself if you do the following,

undo the nuts holding the sides down to the cappings

put 2 axle stands on the wheel boxes

get a bar longer than the width of the car ready

stand in the back, lift the roof with your shoulders and stick the bar on the stands quick!

repeat for front!

just be careful of your back and that the whole lot doesnt go off balance and over the side of the tub :)

mike

• 4 weeks later...

things have moved on a bit since fitting the van sides....been struggling for time as things have gone mad here

we are selling our house and buying another so its gone DIY mad here,......along with that i am trying to riase sponsorhip for the mac4x4 event i am in next month.....then i have the 110 to get ready aswell.......... :blink: when does it all go quite so i can put my feet up :lol:

anyway here are some pics of the works that has happened.....

first things first. i was missing my rack ....so i bought pux's from him.....

DSCF0557%20_Small_.JPG

i am currently looking for some 8" spots for the front as they will fit inside the rack...

DSCF0550%20_Small_.JPG

the old ships wheel was replaced with this

DSCF0566%20_Small_.JPG

i bought these from smo......cheers mate, they are the dogs....

DSCF0568%20_Small_.JPG

fitted

DSCF0576%20_Small_.JPG

i was happy with that , so got some chq plate

DSCF0581%20_Small_.JPG

next was the boot storage.

DSCF0573%20_Small_.JPG

defiantly big enough

DSCF0553%20_Small_.JPG

so this is now how the rear end looks

DSCF0574%20_Small_.JPG

i have moved my waffles up on to the rack out the way. bolted and locked

DSCF0585%20_Small_.JPG

some of the first sponsorship logo's going on.....few more to go...loads of space available still

DSCF0587%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0588%20_Small_.JPG

DSCF0591%20_Small_.JPG

lots done....with lots more to go yet............. ;)

if you want to sponsor us please feel free.....every penny really does help. you can do it on line at

http://www.justgiving.com/car42_team_plcuk

im not begging.....well ok i am :lol: