GKN Overdrive

Morning All

Before i pull it to bits !! :( anyone into the GKN Overdrive ??

Problem i have, 04 110 DCab, with overdrive,, when you go to switch on, (over 30mph) the red light on the gearknob flashed 10 times, then stays on, and will not engage,

Any ideas ??

Regards

Morning All

Before i pull it to bits !! :( anyone into the GKN Overdrive ??

Problem i have, 04 110 DCab, with overdrive,, when you go to switch on, (over 30mph) the red light on the gearknob flashed 10 times, then stays on, and will not engage,

Any ideas ??

Regards

Check the soleniod connections/circuit yellow is power in & black is earth it doesn't matter which terminals they're connected too. :D

if you need a replacement soleniod they are £69.65 plus vat & carriage from GKN on 0121 313 1606, make sure you have the units serial number to hand.

Edited by western

Tim,

From what I remember of reading up on all this when I fitted mine, this does nor sound like a solenoid problem. I think that once the switch has been turned on at over 30 mph the control box sends current to the solenoid and then thinks its job is done so doesn't flash any lights. However, I don't claim to be right!

My money would be on a dodgy speed sensor/connector. Take out the speed sensor, clean it up and re-fit it. I have a spare brand new sensor should you want to try it.... you so you are welcome to come round and give it a try.

If not the speed sensor it is possible that the gearstick switch has a loose connection.

Tim,

From what I remember of reading up on all this when I fitted mine, this does nor sound like a solenoid problem. I think that once the switch has been turned on at over 30 mph the control box sends current to the solenoid and then thinks its job is done so doesn't flash any lights. However, I don't claim to be right!

My money would be on a dodgy speed sensor/connector. Take out the speed sensor, clean it up and re-fit it. I have a spare brand new sensor should you want to try it.... you so you are welcome to come round and give it a try.

If not the speed sensor it is possible that the gearstick switch has a loose connection.

John,, same as i am thinking,, the speed inhibitor, is not leting the solenoid kick in, the led should only flash to indicate too low a speed to engage, ie over 30

before looking,, where about is the spped sensor ??,, and will give you a bell re the spare sensor offer,

Thanks

Tim

John,, Beer on me next time,, pulled my speed switch, fitted your's and all sorted,, will give mine a clean up in the morning and see what happings,, may have to buy you a new spare

Thanks for all the help guys

Regards

Tim,

I don't know where you will be phoning but if you get no joy, I have found in the past that phoning Steve Goodsall at GKN and having a moan usually gets results. Failing that Devon 4x4 keep them.

For most bits I wouldn't bother about getting a replacement but it seems speed sensors are a bit suspect so I need to carry one when I am off on my European jaunts. Travelling down the autobahns stuck in fith with no overdrive is not good for the hearing!

John

Tim, when you phone 0121 1606 it's the sales desk ask for Sue Rowland or 0121 313 1661 and ask for Steve, make sure you have the units serial number to hand, Speed Sensor part number is 119509/00/00, price is £70.50 including vat, changed my sensor as I thought it was faulty and not giving the control box the correct signal, in the end the solly was sticking a new one cured the fault and restored full operation :D

Thanks for all the help guys,, job all sorted with John new spare !!

John,, pm me your address and will pop your spares back,, new sensor arrived from GKN this morning,

you if ok with you, will let you have the new one ??