2007/2008 Puma

I am about to purchase either a new 2008 Puma but do have the opportunity to buy a 1 year old model with 4,000 miles on the clock. Obviously I will save a few quid by going for the second hand model but I am wondering if there have been any significant changes in the spec from 07 to 08?

Thanks

MINESAPINT

I have read bits & pieces ref the sump pan but can't say I fully understand the problem/solution? Perhaps someone will explain. I imagine if the 1 year old model has not had the modification I will be able to request it on the outstanding warranty?

Thanks

MINESAPINT

Summary:

At full articulation, there have been reports that the oil pan comes into contact with the axle. Symptoms are banging when off road (full suspension travel) and witness marks on the pan. Solution is a slightly modified pan (with a chunk taken out).

Land Rover claim that it is only a problem on Left Hand Drive vehicles and, as a result, won't recall vehicles but instead only address the issue if a customer complains of noise and can show witness marks.

A couple of people here have had them replaced by the dealer already, which implies that either the problem does occurr on RHD cars or dealers will do it if asked, regardless.

I understood that from November 07, the new pan was fitted as standard (although presumably once the'd used up the stock of old ones). Beyond that, I don't think there have been any changes to the 08 model. All the changes were reserved for the SVX.

If you plan to buy one that is 6-12 months old do your research and shop around as some dealers take the 'P' and you don't save that much over buying new and getting a discount.

I took my time and ending up buying a 6 month old 90 with 3K miles on and it was about £6,000 less than new. Same with 110 XS, worked out about £6,500 less for 6 months old and 8K miles.

Cheers

Steve

It's not a warrenty job. Only on showing damage to sump/prop will the work be carried out, OFFICIALY ;)

Can´t belive it :angry: . I guess I have then to do the marks on my own! rather that than being in the middle of Bolivia with a holed sump!

Guest WALFY

Mine is going in for some warranty work later this month. I asked about the sump issue and they (The Dealership) denied all knowledge of the tech bulliten. When I pushed them they had to call LR direct to ask them. They called me back and said that my veh doesn't have any recalls for my chassis range. When it goes in I'll take a copy of the tech bulliten and push them a bit harder and see what that does.