Nanocom alert!!!

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

Anyone on here any good with these?

I'm trying to get my project110 (Td5) running...

i've purged the fuel system (several times)

with nanocom plugged in, i've done the "security code function" where it (presumably) reads the 10AS unit and tells the engine ECU whats what with it. after i did this (and turned the ignition off for 15 seconds) it seems to have taken the info OK, as when i do the "get security status" it comes back as "ECU is not immobilsed"

all good so far.

but, when i try to access any of the alarm funtions, anything at all, like tyring to set the plippers (or just anything on that menu) i get "function locked" and can't do anything else.

i'm not sure if there is anything in that menu that will enable the engine to start (it cranks over and nearly sounds like it wants to kick in, but no cigar. i've got 2 optima's strapped together so have a fair bit of amperage to crank the beast.

in the nanocom setup menu, there are access codes... 2 of these have a 6 figure number, do these need adjusting for different ECU's? where do i get these numbers?

i've done a google search, and the only other hit for "function locked" came from LRO and there was no answer to that either.... :(

Anyone on here any good with these?

I'm trying to get my project110 (Td5) running...

i've purged the fuel system (several times)

with nanocom plugged in, i've done the "security code function" where it (presumably) reads the 10AS unit and tells the engine ECU whats what with it. after i did this (and turned the ignition off for 15 seconds) it seems to have taken the info OK, as when i do the "get security status" it comes back as "ECU is not immobilsed"

all good so far.

but, when i try to access any of the alarm funtions, anything at all, like tyring to set the plippers (or just anything on that menu) i get "function locked" and can't do anything else.

i'm not sure if there is anything in that menu that will enable the engine to start (it cranks over and nearly sounds like it wants to kick in, but no cigar. i've got 2 optima's strapped together so have a fair bit of amperage to crank the beast.

in the nanocom setup menu, there are access codes... 2 of these have a 6 figure number, do these need adjusting for different ECU's? where do i get these numbers?

i've done a google search, and the only other hit for "function locked" came from LRO and there was no answer to that either.... :(

I've not played with Nancom that much (and when I have, I wasn't that impressed)....

If you put the engine ECU into learn mode, and turned the igntion off... when it's turned back on it will learn the output code from the 10AS...

So, the engine ECU will see the code that it expects to see outputed from the 10AS and the ECU will not be immobilsed. So far so good....

However...

The part number on your 10AS does is end in 270 or 280??

Depending on it's settings (and which variant) it may be set to see the alarm fob - or a couple of other things.

Is the red alarm light on in the speedo, or the red engine symbal with a lighting strike through it on the warning light cluster?? (by the sounds of it, then engine is still immobilsed) - have you also tried pressing the fuel stop/inertia switch on the engine side of the bulkhead

Do a screen shot of what you see from the Nanocom.

If you just want to get it running, I can send you a box of tricks that makes a Td5 immobilser off, so it will start and run regardless of what the 10AS is doing. Unless you want to pop over and collect one?

Then we can sort the 10AS out at a later date ;)

For the record.... is doesn't matter what Td5 ECU you use, or what files you have on it .... any Td5 ECU will make a 'Td5' physically run - it is just not ideal!! (and some faults caused will be worse than others) :o

Ian

Guest diesel_jim

Evening Ian, i hoped you'd pop up... (i tried ringing you earlier but yer phone was off)

when i turn the ignition "on" then onto "crank" the MIL light is on for a second or so. then off whilst cranking and off when i let go of the key.

i didn't notice the red LED in the speedo, even after a minute or so of the ignition just being left on its own.

(as a side note, whether it's related or not, my low fuel light is on very dimly. i've only got one jerrycan in an otherwise empty 110 tank, so the light is probably meant to be on anyway (the guage is still in the red zone))

i didn't try pressing that inertia switch, although does that kill the pump, or kill the ECU (and thus the engine), as the pump is pumping well enough.

(edit: i just popped out and pushed it... there was a slight click like the ballbearing dropped into place...... :rolleyes: )

10AS has 270 as the last three digits.

Think i'm going to stick the battery back on and give it a whizz, otherwise i'll wake at 02:00hrs and want to go and try it then... :lol:

Function locked? usually means that the function you are trying to access in the nanocom has to be 'registered'. You just hop over to the nanocom page and register your unit and then bug them for an unlock code. This is what my pal told me when he encountered the same problem.

You need to input the Td5 injector codes to the ECU. Each injector has a code which is on the injector itself. If you use another ECU that didn't come with the engine, you need to tell the ecu these codes before it will work.

You need to input the Td5 injector codes to the ECU. Each injector has a code which is on the injector itself. If you use another ECU that didn't come with the engine, you need to tell the ecu these codes before it will work.

Being perdantic, that isn't actually true ;)

A Td5 will run even with the wrong injector codes - it is not ideal and Land Rover say that you will have difficulty making the engine rev above 3000rpm. But it will run in the short term as a test.

Ian