EGR removal

old leafer

You don't want to remove your ergs 'cos your Disco won't go with no power to push it along ;)

I thought the same but kept quiet because I didn't want anyone thinking me a geek for knowing what an erg is...

D'OH!

;):lol:

If you are a geek for knowing what a ERG is then what does it make me when I have no idea at all?

Go on then...................

:(

It makes you one of the 99.9% majority.. :)

To be honest I don't think I have heard 'erg' mentioned since I left school 35 years ago! But if I recall correctly it is a ridiculously small unit of work - like about 10-6 joules or something... Just checked and it's 10-7. .. That's a tenth of a millionth of a Joule, and a Joule is about a quarter of a calorie and there are over three hundred calories in a Mars bar - as I said, ridiculously small... :)

HTH ;)

Good afternoon chaps and chapesses,yes it's political correctness day i'm affraid.Sorry,but i think we've got too make the effort once in a while.Anyway cutting to the chase can anyone steer me in the right direction in obtaining a egr blanking kit with the hose please ie,paddocks,craddocks etc as i'm not being successful in my search.Many thanks

Good afternoon chaps and chapesses,yes it's political correctness day i'm affraid.Sorry,but i think we've got too make the effort once in a while.Anyway cutting to the chase can anyone steer me in the right direction in obtaining a egr blanking kit with the hose please ie,paddocks,craddocks etc as i'm not being successful in my search.Many thanks

I got my blanking plate from Fleabay for a couple of quid and the silicone hose's from allard motors also via Fleabay.

My turn to be stupid, but isn't there a load of vacuum pipes nd wires to remove as well or do you leave these in place??????

Yes, there are some other bits to remove, a solenoid valve and some tubing and wiring. You will also need to block the pipe from the vacuum pump to the solenoid valve.

Hi There , I just blanked off the EGR on my Disco. It was easy and simple. Just leave everything there, but where the output from the EGR joins the inlet pipe, I just used the gasket to draw around and cut a shim from an old can. Inserting this in there stops the gas circulating and renders the EGR valve out of service. 10 Minute fix.