Disco 1 Sills

V8SMYMATE

Did this job on my disco1 3 door and found out that it was alot easyer to use a 100x60 box,i used 100x60x6,3 mm since i had 6,3 thickness but makes it even more solid.

Had a lot more rust on mine than the pics above,even the inner sill was more or less gone along with most of the floor,so i replaced the inner sill and used box for the outer one

gallery_137_9_730028.jpg

Did this job on my disco1 3 door and found out that it was alot easyer to use a 100x60 box,i used 100x60x6,3 mm since i had 6,3 thickness but makes it even more solid.

Had a lot more rust on mine than the pics above,even the inner sill was more or less gone along with most of the floor,so i replaced the inner sill and used box for the outer one

gallery_137_9_730028.jpg

Thats almost exactly how i have done mine ;)

Great minds n all that ;)

Will add some pics later

• 3 weeks later...
Thats almost exactly how i have done mine ;)

Great minds n all that ;)

Will add some pics later

I've just bought my first land rover, discovery 200tdi K reg and I've felt around under the plastic sill covers and uncovered some rusty holes just with my fingers. I need to look properly and I don't know if the outer sill is as important as the inner (which feels ok) but assuming they need to be fixed how much do you think it would cost to get a garage to put in the box sections you've suggested? I don't weld or do bodywork so I have no idea how big a job it would be. Also I assume that you don't have to mess about with car filler and making it look lovely as it is covered by the plastic trim?

Thanks.