tdi rev counters

JST

I have found Ralphs previous posts on it suggesting MPN AMR5724 but these seem a bit ££ for me.

Croytec and VDO have also been suggested, croytec seem to be just as much £££ and VDO i dont seem to be able to find a decent supplier, lowtension.com being the old favourite but they seem no longer.

So suggestions please for a 52mm 0-4000rpm alt driven rev counter to suit a tdi.

I have the VDO 0-6,000rpm version on my Tdi (supplied by Croytec) and while the last 2,000rpm are useless, the fact that 3,000rpm is top centre works quite well for me as it's become a, mostly, self-imposed rev limit.

The cost was nil (birthday pressie ;) ) and my 1994 Tdi has a W-terminal under a black rubber cap on the alternator.

Although it's very easy to tell the revs of the engine from the sound, I still like to look at the gauge especially when we're off-tarmac when I'm using low revs up hills.