Trouble adding Intermittant wiper to One Ten

I bought an intermittant wiper kit a good while back and have finally got round to trying to fit it but the instructions wire colour coding doesn't match my butchered wiring and I am seeking advice please.

I should have:

Light Green/Black (LGB) going to the washer pump

Red/Light Green (RLG) going to one pin on the wiper motor

Brown/Light Green (NLG) going to another

Green (G) going to another

and the same one going to earth.

This is what I have:

2n64rhf.jpg

am I on the right track here?

thanks.

I bought an intermittant wiper kit a good while back and have finally got round to trying to fit it but the instructions wire colour coding doesn't match my butchered wiring and I am seeking advice please.

I should have:

Light Green/Black (LGB) going to the washer pump

Red/Light Green (RLG) going to one pin on the wiper motor

Brown/Light Green (NLG) going to another

Green (G) going to another

and the same one going to earth.

This is what I have:

2n64rhf.jpg

am I on the right track here?

thanks.

Find the Ign feed +12v, that you don't need to do anything with so that's one wire you can ignore - that looks like plain green in your case

The wire which makes the wiper "go" needs to go to 31b2 if you have the red Ford relay. I suspect thats one of the green white wires on your pic. Just pull the wire off the switch with the wiper running, if you have the right wire it will stop. That terminal which now has no wire on is where you connect tthe red wire on the relay to.

That means the other wire ( not the 12v ign feed) should be the park wire. Test this by pulling it off the switch with the wiper running - it shouldn't make any difference. That needs to go to 31b1.

That should work, if you have the other type of relay, now you have identified the "go" and "park" wires you should be able to follow the fitting instructions....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Simon, that worked a treat.

A very easy to install mod that should have been included as standard by LR. Took about 20 minutes but would have been quicker if the dog didn't try and eat my pliers/crimper or chew the drain on the snorkel. :angry:

I can now use my rear wiper without it dragging across a dry window all the time.

Went on to add your heater speed mod as well.

thanks,

mad