Our Disco Project...

Dear All,

So I'm just going to start a project thread, my freind Dan and i a planning on making a disco twin-cab pickup...

We got given a rolling Disco shell and wanting a massive simple engine we bought a 3.5 V8 for 90 quid. We'd really appreciate any comments you've got cos we dont know what we're doing half the time!

The car:

post-11162-1231027224_thumb.jpg

post-11162-1231027270_thumb.jpg

post-11162-1231027319_thumb.jpg

post-11162-1231027354_thumb.jpg

Engine:

post-11162-1231027397_thumb.jpg

We've started chopping now and it now looks like a pick up, ill try and get the photos up asap.

Thanks

Taka

Welcome to the Forum. I see you show where you come from, same as me, sort of (I was born in Rustington), and you certainly know how to resize and post photos :)

I don't think I've ever seen a Disco twin-cab pickup on a 100" chassis. Won't you have to make it a 110" at least? Doubtless someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.

I don't think I've ever seen a Disco twin-cab pickup on a 100" chassis. Won't you have to make it a 110" at least? Doubtless someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.

I have the same question. Once saw a Disco made into a single cab pick-up, and the loading space was very small. But, seeing that we live in modern, technological times, maybe a pick-up that has enough space for a notebook will be sufficient :)

Good luck !

Welcome to THE forum ;)

You certainly have a lot of work to do there :) and you are in the right place for all of the information you will need if you are to avoid the pitfalls (both physical and - if it's to be road-going - legal) that lie ahead. Don't be shy in asking on this site - it's full of the most knowledgeable and helpful people I have ever come across - but have a search first to avoid answers like "the search engine is your friend"

I look forward to more reports and photos of your project - I love looking at other people's build reports since it encourages me to get off my rse and do a bit more to mine! :lol:

Roger

So heres whats happening,

Cutting took much longer than expexted...

post-11162-1231153350_thumb.jpg

and into the night,

post-11162-1231153360_thumb.jpg

after chopping and a lot of "measuring" this is how it looks,

post-11162-1231153399_thumb.jpg

post-11162-1231153425_thumb.jpg

post-11162-1231153434_thumb.jpg

Dont think were going to put seats in the back although we could just put a bench in, thinking of putting a series fuel tank in there too.

Now we've got to move onto grinding the chassis down, oh joy. <_<

Hi

Keep up the good work lads.

are you going to bobtail it i.e shorten the chassis?

like this one

http://www.sureservltd.co.uk/disco.html

Jay.

No, we're going to keep it long, maybe the next one as we have a three door 200tdi ready in the wings :lol:

Great job on your one, i like the spray booth you made!!!

Taka

• 6 months later...