oil light on my 200tdi flicker

hello the oil light on my 200 tdi defender flickers after i have been driving it for a while but goes out when i rev the engine a little.

i changed the oil and filter not so long ago but still unsure what it could be.

it doesn't floicker when the engine is cold.

can anyone give me some clues what to change. :unsure:

thank you

Ralph has the same old stinky diesel as you - his oil light comes on every 200yds - due to the amount of engine oil it tries to burn/cough out to kill bunnies and birdies.

Bodging it -

mine used to do a similar thing when fully hot & I just upped the idle revs a bit, oil light has been fine since.

Les :)

Ralph has the same old stinky diesel as you - his oil light comes on every 200yds - due to the amount of engine oil it tries to burn/cough out to kill bunnies and birdies.

Bodging it -

Les :)

Says him with a fully rebuilt 200Tdi in the shed waiting for a chassis/LR to fit into :P

hello the oil light on my 200 tdi defender flickers after i have been driving it for a while but goes out when i rev the engine a little.

i changed the oil and filter not so long ago but still unsure what it could be.

it doesn't floicker when the engine is cold.

can anyone give me some clues what to change. :unsure:

thank you

Your mechanic?! :lol:

It's about time you got an internet connection luke....i know things happen slowly where you live!

• 3 months later...

Having been on the castrol webite they recommend 0w30 engine oil or for 200/300tdi so wondered whether i should try that. Im not going to bother messing about with the cam bearing idea as it would be cheaper to get another second hand engine so i might as well keep driving mine how it is as it hasnt shown any problems