DIY Rock/Tree sliders 110 CSW

Hi all,

I have searched most of the forum looking for diagrams and pictures of self made sliders.

Unfortunately I have not found much that I can use for a 110, plenty for a 90 mind.....

What is the best size box section to use, 60x60 / 80x50 / ??? These have been mentioned but which wall thickness?

How will it mount to the chassis? Front and rear outriggers and a central leg to the chassis rail?

OK I may be answering my own questions but would really like some advice from those that have either made

or fitted their own Rock/Tree sliders.

Thanks

post-14655-1237213886_thumb.jpgpost-14655-1237213927_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I have searched most of the forum looking for diagrams and pictures of self made sliders.

Unfortunately I have not found much that I can use for a 110, plenty for a 90 mind.....

What is the best size box section to use, 60x60 / 80x50 / ??? These have been mentioned but which wall thickness?

How will it mount to the chassis? Front and rear outriggers and a central leg to the chassis rail?

OK I may be answering my own questions but would really like some advice from those that have either made

Thanks

I hope the picture and quick sketch I made of my home made rock sliders is some help. I had some comments about some people removed the ally sill below the door but for two reasons I did not do this, 1. I go off road but not so much in the serious way some do. 2. I was using 80 x 80 box and did not want box protruding too much from the side of the vehicle. I used stainless steel that was left over from a special order job and would be in my way. I still have to add a couple of bits too mine yet, just not had time, some anti slip bars at the doors and the laser cut bit with defender cut in it. The next time I have the tig plant set up at home I will do that job.

I added the ally on the sills the other, I drilled the hole in the outrigger before, it would not be possible now. the sizes might be helpful at any rate.

Hi all,

Thanks

Neil

I used 100 x 50 x 3mm for the sliders I made for my Ninety. I'll try and post some pictures later on.

I removed the aluminium sill panels as they were already pretty mangled, so the sliders give good protection to the bottom of the doors. They protrude about an inch from the door.

Fixing points used were the bulkhead outriggers and the rear tubular body outrigger. I think the 110 has slightly different arrangement at the back end.

I also have jacking tube welded in at both ends, not that I have ever need to use them.

For a finishing touch they are painted in body colour, so you don't really notice them to start with. Yes the paint gets scraped off sometimes, but its easy and quick to flick a paint brush over them and tidy up. Sparex do a good range of Landrover colours in an agricultural brush on enamel.

I modified the original side steps and welded brackets to the sliders so they can be fitted or removed quickly by 2 pins with R clips. This truck is my daily driver after all :)

Neil

I used 100 x 50 x 3mm for the sliders I made for my Ninety. I'll try and post some pictures later on.

I removed the aluminium sill panels as they were already pretty mangled, so the sliders give good protection to the bottom of the doors. They protrude about an inch from the door.

Fixing points used were the bulkhead outriggers and the rear tubular body outrigger. I think the 110 has slightly different arrangement at the back end.

I also have jacking tube welded in at both ends, not that I have ever need to use them.

For a finishing touch they are painted in body colour, so you don't really notice them to start with. Yes the paint gets scraped off sometimes, but its easy and quick to flick a paint brush over them and tidy up. Sparex do a good range of Landrover colours in an agricultural brush on enamel.

I modified the original side steps and welded brackets to the sliders so they can be fitted or removed quickly by 2 pins with R clips. This truck is my daily driver after all :)

And now some photos -

post-7124-1237278109_thumb.jpg post-7124-1237278122_thumb.jpg post-7124-1237278137_thumb.jpg

post-7124-1237278145_thumb.jpg post-7124-1237278152_thumb.jpg

Hope these help.