• East and would not travel
    • West and would not travel
    • Midlands and would not travel
    • Wales and would not travel
    • Scotland and would not travel
    • Im outside the mainlaind - Might do!
    • Im outside the mainland - No way!

Just looking out the window, summers nearly here :D

With that in mind, in the mid to late summer, would it be feasable to have a massive meet up? Our own MAJOR CALENDER EVENT?

If it seems viable, then sites / location could be voted for also.

When I say travel, I mean a reasonable distance, not just 20 miles! Lets say up to 4 or 5 hours?

It might be a pipe dream, but it also saves reading everbodys personal info!

It could take some planning, but worth a quick vote at least?

Just looking out the window, summers nearly here :D

With that in mind, in the mid to late summer, would it be feasable to have a massive meet up? Our own MAJOR CALENDER EVENT?

If it seems viable, then sites / location could be voted for also.

When I say travel, I mean a reasonable distance, not just 20 miles! Lets say up to 4 or 5 hours?

It might be a pipe dream, but it also saves reading everbodys personal info!

It could take some planning, but worth a quick vote at least?

4 or 5 hours

I live in Southampton and can do Glasgow in 5 1/2 hours. <_<

2hrs is more reasonable

What sort of event did you have in mind?

Well to justify anybodys travelling, a long camping weekend is a given I would have thought, beers may flow etc, - play weekend in a sizeable area at least, perhaps if it becomes a reality, we could group in smaller numbers to create activities for the weekend from Trials to a mini winch challenge, just play or greenlane.

Options are many, but fun is the main gain.

4 or 5 hours

I live in Southampton and can do Glasgow in 5 1/2 hours.

:rolleyes: [snakeinthegrassmodeoff]

Lincs Off Road is holding a camping weekend at manby motorplex( near Louth,Lincolnshire) on the 11th-13th of August.

It has a great off road site which will be open to all road legal vehicles on both the Saturday and Sunday.

Basic camping facilities will be available and at night it will be the usual offroaders pi55 up sort of thing.

If this is a suitable venue for a forum meet please let me know.

SG

4 or 5 hours

I live in Southampton and can do Glasgow in 5 1/2 hours. <_<

2hrs is more reasonable

Ah, but if you lived in Aberdeen, 2hrs from Southhampton would be a bit of a long haul...

I guess geographically somewhere in North England will be the most all round accessible. I'm in Birmingham but don't mind heading North - I did it last year for Wheels in the Woods, near Peebles. Suited me though, as I met up with my Dad who drove down from Aberdeenshire with the camper.

Lincs Off Road is holding a camping weekend at manby motorplex( near Louth,Lincolnshire) on the 11th-13th of August.

It has a great off road site which will be open to all road legal vehicles on both the Saturday and Sunday.

Basic camping facilities will be available and at night it will be the usual offroaders pi55 up sort of thing.

If this is a suitable venue for a forum meet please let me know.

SG

Hi SG,

I think we should get a few more votes before we look at sites etc, but Manby is possible (I comped there last year with my club) and know it well.

Any more votes?

Warwick agricultural college at Morten Morrell is nice, just south of Warwick on the fosse way, quite a lot of classic motorcycle clubs use it.

They got a bar of course so nay problem there :D

Also showers, lots of tenting area, rooms depending on the year (Like August, when there's no Stoodents)

Warwick agricultural college at Morten Morrell is nice, just south of Warwick on the fosse way, quite a lot of classic motorcycle clubs use it.

They got a bar of course so nay problem there :D

Also showers, lots of tenting area, rooms depending on the year (Like August, when there's no Stoodents)

Dead handy for me - just round the corner from work :) It's more of a southern venue though really. Bear in mind that Manchester is only half way up England - and that's before you start taking account of those based north of the border.

Dead handy for me - just round the corner from work :) It's more of a southern venue though really. Bear in mind that Manchester is only half way up England - and that's before you start taking account of those based north of the border.

I know, but it gives the southern softies less of a reason not to go :lol: