Slave cylinder push rod

hi,

i'm having serious issues with the push rod between the slave cylinder and clutch. whilst removing the slave to replace it the pushrod came out with it. on the end was a nasty little plastic clip , ive now been thru 2 new ones and not suceeded in clipping it back into its slot, does anyone have any tricks up their sleave other than taking the engine off the bellhousing? ive tried grease and cleaning etc but still no joy.

many thanks, matt

hi,

i'm having serious issues with the push rod between the slave cylinder and clutch. whilst removing the slave to replace it the pushrod came out with it. on the end was a nasty little plastic clip , ive now been thru 2 new ones and not suceeded in clipping it back into its slot, does anyone have any tricks up their sleave other than taking the engine off the bellhousing? ive tried grease and cleaning etc but still no joy.

many thanks, matt

I forgot to fit mine last time i had the gearbox off. I was fitting a new slave cylinder so i just slid the rod into the end of the slave cylinder and refitted without the clip. It won't cause a problem until i next need to remove the slave cylinder.

Luckily for me i need to replace my gearbox so i may fit a new clip this time. :rolleyes:

hi,

many thanks, matt

Hi, I had such an issue with this I ended up taking off the gearbox and doing this ~

forkmod.jpg

kinda wish I'd seen some of the ideas here first ...

some good mods on that photo, reckon it needs to be in our tech archive for future refernce/use.

I can't promise it will stay where it is linked from cos my ISP are talking of changing their hosting system

but feel free to snag it and archive it elsewhere

• 2 weeks later...