winch control switches

gsr341

hello ,

im on the search for sum switches to install my winches , and was wondering what you lot use (preferably the push type ) but show me them all any way :P

ive looke at the rs site , and a few otheres for 'SPNO' push switches but they all only really rated around 500mA and an electrician at work has worked it out and recons i need a switch rated at 2A DC to carry the load ?

so what ya got :)

pics would be grat can see how you all mounted them then too

In the Disco I've gone for an electric window switch with a seperate power on/off switch.

Nice & easy to wire up and I can still use the normal remote for spooling. ;)

Not a good photo but you get the idea, oh and it's a 3 door so I had two blanks on the centre consol for the winch controls.

switch3_103.jpg

My set up is similar to Budgie's - window rocker switch with isolator that also isolates the winch via a can solenoid - stops undesirables having some fun with the wanderlead socket on the front grille... :unsure:

My set up is similar to Budgie's - window rocker switch with isolator that also isolates the winch via a can solenoid - stops undesirables having some fun with the wanderlead socket on the front grille... :unsure:

I'm also using the secondary solenoid to isolate via a rocker.

I'm just starting to look at an external switch mounted near the winch f0r the winch biatch to use. Any suggestions?

I've got a momentary toggle switch mounted on the gearstick (don't have to stop winching to engage/change gear - you never know), a socket on the front grille for the wanderlead, and - controversially - a latching toggle switch on the front grille. It's a Milemarker, there's plenty of time to get out of the way. All three are isolated from inside the cab.

Toggle switches are ideal in gloves, otherwise go for BIG chunky pushbuttons.

Heres mine - completed it last week

cost about £15 in bits from our local auto electrics place for switches and a few metres of 7 core trailer cable. Its simply wired direct to an albright under the bonnet.

The switches are durite ones - got the part numbers somewhere

Nice and simple to use and discreet

dsc03035_201.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice job.

I've put a toggle switch on the top left of the instrument binacle for in/out....

red33.jpg

and the red 'figher pilot' switch is the cut off....

red42.jpg

Still got to build, fit and wire the winch though :rolleyes:

hello ,

im on the search for sum switches to install my winches , and was wondering what you lot use (preferably the push type ) but show me them all any way :P

ive looke at the rs site , and a few otheres for 'SPNO' push switches but they all only really rated around 500mA and an electrician at work has worked it out and recons i need a switch rated at 2A DC to carry the load ?

so what ya got :)

pics would be grat can see how you all mounted them then too

i used dicso electric window swiches for some of my dash mounted ones

With a wee bit of luck, Pugwash & I will soon have ARB Style carlton switches available for front & rear winch, winch enable and freespool (for the few with pneumatic freespools).

Si