Bures Winch Challenge Results

SteveG

Thanks to all of those that attended. Had a great weekend and I enjoyed meeting everyone again and new faces! :)

Special thanks to winch challenge set-up guru Chris Watts for laying out course.

Bures025Medium.jpg

Peter for opening up Bures for the event, the low entry fee, and helping to set out course with his son Dave too. Kay for signing everyone up and those that helped to collect the punches at the end of a day.

So here are the results..

We laid out 50 punches, each punch worth 200 points. The points value reduced by half as another team got to it and so on.

The winners were Paul Wightman and the real hard worker of the team :P Dan (self harm ;) ) Wightman.

Bures013Medium.jpg

2nd place went to Scorpion Racing Craig ;) and Dave..

Bures026Medium.jpg

3rd place to Nick and Graham (in photo)..

Bures019Medium.jpg

The full list is (apologies for not having all of the co-driver names :rolleyes::rolleyes: )

1st Paul and Dan 1992 pts

2nd Craig and Dave 1279 pts

3rd Nick (roguevouge) and Graham (rocker) 1040 pts

4th Digger Dave 1025 pts

5th Freddy 834pts

6th Frank 632 pts

7th Charles (BishBosh) 572 pts

8th Richard (DarthDicky) and Jon (Jon W) 514 pts

9th Dave Williams 422 pts

10th Tim 334 pts - no winch

11th Carl 257 pts - no winch

12th Rich 232 pts - no winch

13th Steve 182 pts - no winch

14th Adrain 85 pts - no winch

DNF - Driveline Mark

DNF - Engine (V8 :P ) Dave

Here's rest of my pics, unfortunately not many as I lost most of early pics including fortunately for Freddy his roll too! :rolleyes:

The site had dried out a hell of a lot for April, but there was still some mud around!!

Bures029Medium.jpg

Carig and Dave succeeding at a nightmare punch with a huge concrete slab 2/3rds of the way up! :o

Bures027Medium.jpg

Bures028Medium.jpg

Bures024Medium.jpg

mmmmmmmmm, this looks comfortable!!

Bures022Medium.jpg

this is the rear before it rolled over more in the pic above. I had to run round and haul on the other end of a rope attached to the roll cage with Nick to stop it from going over while Graham winched backwards to a safer position before continuing on to get punch...

Bures020Medium.jpg

few more..

Bures018Medium.jpg

Bures017Medium.jpg

Bures011Medium.jpg

Bures007Medium.jpg

Bures006Medium.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Many thanks to Steve for organizing the event, Chris for doing a sterling job of setting out the punches, Peter for enabling us to use the site and everyone else for organization and marshalling.

Dan and I had a great day but it was no walk in the park! There were some serious punches out there amongst the range of difficulties including easy, cunning and well hidden. I’m afraid I left the camera in the van so will have to rely on others for piccies.

Thanks again for a cracking weekend. Steve, sorry about your front lawn!!!!!

Good pictures steve! Thankfully it looks like you also lost the ones of me stuck withing 5 minutes of leaving the assembly area! :D

Actually what happened was the switch had flicked over on to video. So there's some video footage of you stuck along with some footage of Howard's feet walking along :rolleyes: as he was taking pics then :P

Steve

Excellent pics and was good to meet a few of you although i can still only put faces to motors rather than names but was a good day never the less was fortunate with the weather got home jet washed the motor then it started raining

Frank

Thanks to steve and all other who made it possible. Had a great day and really enjoyed it. I think I managed to come away without any damage and not breaking anything which must be a first for a while.

Cheers Steve for the Road book, the warm room to stay in instead of getting battered by the wind. :D and organising everything.

Thanks to Orange, i think it was him who took my car back from the pub and saved me from walking. :)

Darth will up load his pics later but didn't get too many as we were busy playing and running out of fuel on steep slopes :angry:

Thanks all

Jon

"rant mode on" Does this really look like a Scrapiron jumper. "Rant mode off" (I have had it for about two years and it's still in good condition so I will let you make your own minds up)

Fleece.jpg

Ha ha ha. Only kidding.

It was a great day and was well pleased with the result considering it was my first winch event type thing.

If in doubt, give it a clout. The bigger the doubt, the bigger the clout.

What an excellent site!

Even though we only managed 4 of the "oooh look, we can drive to that one" punches, we still had a whole lot of fun. Still on the learning curve, so it was a fairly tame day once Mark had made lots of bits go clunk on the Disco!! :unsure:

Cheers to Steve for the hospitality and the lunch, Chris W for the few easy punches that we found and cheers to Simon (and Steve again for providing some dead weight) for winching us out of the "that looks pretty firm" hole we got ourselves into in the afternoon!! Well, OK!! I can't let Chris take any of the credit............. that I got Chris to drive into!! :D:lol::D

Much fun was had and new people.

Jon W - glad to be of assistance!! Only managed to stall it twice getting out of the car park, which I thought was pretty good!!

Roll on the next outing!!

Thar Hole that bish is stuck in looks very familiar!!! <_<

Yeah, whichever site you go to anywhere in the country, most people usually recognise "the hole that Bish is stuck in" - it's generally the bit they drove straight through first, right next to the car park... :D:P

(The worst part is, he'll probably whup my score in FSWC2)